Architecture: Diploma (0656)
Are you a professional who is looking for a career change? HACC's online Architecture diploma can provide you with the foundational skills in the architecture or construction fields to get started in a rewarding career.
If you are an analytical person and a visual thinker who is interested in the technical aspects of buildings and you enjoy working with computers and construction blueprints, read more to learn how we can help you meet your goals!
What can I do with this in the workforce?
Our diploma is designed to prepare you to enter the workforce in architectural, design-build, construction, and interior design firms, or continue your education. Specifically, you may enter the workforce as a CAD/BIM operator - assisting in the preparation of construction documents for a wide variety of building types.
This may be the perfect fit if you:
• Have strong computer skills
• Enjoy drawing an can visualize how small parts combine to form a larger structure
• Can work independently and funtion well under pressure
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
• Average hourly wages
• Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
• Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
• Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
• Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
What is HACC’s program like?
Our diploma program is designed to provide you with the foundational skills needed to find employment within architectural firms and related settings or continue your studies in either HACC's Architecture or Building Construction Management programs.
Coursework explores construction documents, materials and methods or construction, building codes and use of Computer-Aided-Drafting (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
As you complete our program, you will:
- Interpret construction drawings
- Describe construction materials and systems, as well as methods used in architectural construction
- Explain the application of building codes in the design and construction process
- Use a computer in an architectural office or related setting
Federal regulations require that the College disclose specific gainful employment information about our program. This diploma is new for Fall 18 and, therefore, will not have a disclosure template available until the next scheduled release in 2019.
What classes will I take?
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Our diploma program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, all of the courses within this diploma can be used towards the completion of either HACC's Architecture or Building Construction Management AAS degrees. Students should select their electives based upon their chosen career path. Students in either the Architecture or Building Construction Management programs have successfully transferred into four-year Architecture and Construction Management programs.
Where can I complete this program?
The complete program is available through Virtual Learning, as well as at the Harrisburg Campus.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can visit our website to apply anytime. When you submit your application, be sure to include program code 0656 to ensure you apply for the correct program.
How can I learn more?
If you’re looking for a career that blends your people skills with an interest in mechanical systems, we can help!
Please contact an admissions counselor or department chair Kelley Engle to learn more. You may also request more information online.