Architecture - Diploma (0656)
Are you a professional who is looking for a career change? HACC's online Architecture diploma can provide you with the foundational skills in the architecture or construction fields to get started in a rewarding career.
If you are an analytical person and a visual thinker who is interested in the technical aspects of buildings and you enjoy working with computers and construction blueprints, read more to learn how we can help you meet your goals!
Our diploma is designed to prepare you to enter the workforce in architectural, design-build, construction, and interior design firms, or continue your education. Specifically, you may enter the workforce as a CAD/BIM operator - assisting in the preparation of construction documents for a wide variety of building types.
This may be the perfect fit if you:
• Have strong computer skills
• Enjoy drawing an can visualize how small parts combine to form a larger structure
• Can work independently and function well under pressure
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
• Average hourly wages
• Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
• Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
• Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
• Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Our diploma program is designed to provide you with the foundational skills needed to find employment within architectural firms and related settings or continue your studies in either HACC's Architecture or Building Construction Management programs.
Coursework explores construction documents, materials and methods or construction, building codes and use of Computer-Aided-Drafting (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
As you complete our program, you will:
- Interpret the various contract documents and governing regulations used in construction projects
- Utilize various software programs to preprare preliminary construction drawings
Our diploma program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, all of the courses within this diploma can be used towards the completion of HACC's Architecture AAS or the Building Construction AAS degree. Students should select their electives based upon their chosen career path. Students in the Architecture AAS program have successfully transferred into four-year Architecture programs.
Students may complete their required coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Blended, Online and/or Remote Learning).
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can visit our website to apply anytime. When you submit your application, be sure to include program code 0656 to ensure you apply for the correct program.