Advanced Automotive Specialty Skills - Diploma (0660)
Are you interested in advancing your career within the automotive repair industry? Have you completed HACC’s Automotive Technology certificate program and are now seeking to increase your knowledge to upper level automotive repair skills in transmissions, drivelines, propulsion systems, powertrain management, and electronic and telematic systems? HACC’s Advanced Automotive Specialty Skills diploma is designed just for you! Our program is an advanced degree option and is designed for those who have completed our automotive certificate. Like our other automotive programs, this program is also accredited by the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Foundation in eight categories of automotive repair.
Graduate of our diploma are prepared to enter the job market as service technicians in dealerships and automotive repair facilities. They are prepared to tackle more difficult and challenging diagnostic repair jobs.
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our diploma program is an advanced degree. Meaning that it is designed to build upon the skillset you already received from our Automotive Technology certificate program. Our curriculum allows you to operate state-of-the art diagnostic tools as you work to repair current/recent vehicle models. The advanced topics covered are:
- Powertrain Management
- Propulsion Systems
Once you have completed our program, you will be prepared to:
- Complete the Pennsylvania State Emissions Inspector and Safety Inspection License examinations
- Work as service technicians in automotive repair facilities or dealerships
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Review our new academic maps (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Our Advanced Automotive Specialty Skills diploma is designed as an advanced degree option. If you have taken the Automotive Technology certificate and seek to complete this degree, it is recommended that you finish your educational studies by enrolling in HACC’s Automotive Technology AAS. This degree will round out your automotive education experience providing you with the necessary general education foundation coursework.
Completing the Automotive Technology AAS will position you to transfer your HACC coursework to a four-year college or university where you can pursue a Bachelor’s degree.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are approximately 200 scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
You can complete spring, summer and fall classes at HACC. Submit your application anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, make sure to include the specific program code #0660. By using this code, you will ensure you are applying for the correct program.