Photography - Certificate (2400)
Do you have a passion for photography? Do you enjoy learning how to capture memories and moments on film or in digital mediums? Creatively YOURS, we offer the opportunity to earn a certificate in photography if the two-year program is not of interest. Let us help you prepare for an entry-level job in the field, so you can follow your passion!
Do you already have a job in the photography or graphic arts field? If so, you can complete our program for personal growth or career advancement.
If you are new to the field, you will be ready to pursue entry-level employment in a variety of art and commercial applications after completing the certificate. In addition, you may need to complete an apprenticeship for several years after graduation to secure higher-level jobs.
While photography is an exciting, creative field, it may be an ideal fit if you:
- Enjoy shooting photographs and solving visual problems
- Possess an interest in the artistic, commercial and expressive use of photography
- Want to learn more about the history and aesthetics of photography and art
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- What occupations are in demand within the region you select
- The number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- The anticipated number of job openings available — just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Through critiques, lectures and hands-on training, our passionate professors teach the fundamental skills and techniques of traditional photography along with an emphasis in digital photography. You also can create and prepare photographic works in our modern digital labs and traditional photographic studio.
As you complete our certificate, you will learn how to:
- Utilize the basic craft and aesthetic principles of photography
- Apply acquired skills to both art and commercial photography
Federal regulations require the College to disclose specific gainful employment information about this program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Our certificate is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to earn an associate degree at HACC!
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
|Pennsylvania College of Art & Design:||Photography Articulation Agreement (pdf)|
You can complete the full certificate at our Harrisburg Campus. We offer the option of taking classes part time in the evenings and on weekends, as well as daytime options.
Yes! With more than 200 scholarships available through the HACC Foundation, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships that can help you meet your academic goals.
You may visit our website anytime to enroll in spring, summer and fall classes. Please be sure to include the Photography certificate program code 2400 on your application. By using this specific code, you can ensure you are applying to the correct program.