Engineering - Associate in Science (AS) (4120)
Do you enjoy solving problems and understanding the world around you? Can you think logically to see how complex systems come together?
Our associate degree in engineering is the perfect place for you to start! Our professional faculty, who have a great amount of experience in the industry, will teach you in state-of-the-art laboratories and prepare you for your future.
After receiving your Associate in Science in engineering, you will be able to transfer your credits to a four-year school and earn your bachelor’s degree in engineering. Once you receive your bachelor’s degree, you can pursue an engineering position in:
- Research and development
You will find engineers work in a variety of industries including aerospace, chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural.
You are likely to enjoy this type of career if you:
- Possess strong analytical skills and are inquisitive by nature
- Can play close attention to detail and are thorough in your work
- Have excellent communication skills and are a team player
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
With small class sizes, you will receive personalized instruction from top-notch faculty. We place emphasis on mathematics and its application in the sciences to help you prepare to continue your education at a four-year school.
To gain acceptance into this program, you need to demonstrate high academic potential and excellence in mathematics.
As you complete our program, you will:
- Solve static and dynamic problems using calculus
- Identify ethical engineering situations and make informed judgements
- Function effectively on a team whose members together create a collaborative and inclusive environment
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Review our new academic maps (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Yes! Academically YOURS, our programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. Therefore, we encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so that you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Various transfer options include:
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Structural Engineering (pdf)|
|Shippensburg University of PA:||Engineering (Civil) (pdf)|
|Shippensburg University of PA:||Engineering (Electrical) (pdf)|
|Shippensburg University of PA:||Engineering (Mechanical) (pdf)|
|West Virginia University:||Electrical Engineering B.S.E.E. (pdf)|
|West Virginia University:||Mechanical Engineering B.S.M.E. (pdf)|
|West Virginia University:||Aerospace Engineering, B.S.A.E. (Astronautical Engineering) (pdf)|
You may complete our program at the Harrisburg Campus. However, to fulfill the program requirements, you will need to take more than 51% of your required coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Blended, Online and/or Remote Learning).
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
We offer courses in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, please include program code 4120. By using this code, you can be sure you are applying to the correct program.
Future students, we are excited to connect with you and answer your questions. Please choose the option that works best for you to meet with us.
Current HACC students, please contact our Advising Department with any questions.
Meet Jacob: Continuing at the Right Pace at HACC
“I chose HACC because it’s an affordable option that allows for easy transfer.”