Radiology Informatics (PACS) (New Fall 2022) - Certificate (3296)
Are you a Rad Tech or other Radiology professional seeking informatics training? Are you working as a Radiology Informatics professional but want to add a certification to your resume? The HACC Radiology Informatics Certificate program has the curriculum you need. A full-time student can complete the 31 credits in just one year.
Graduates of our Radiology Informatics Certificate are prepared to apply for positions as a:
- Picture Archive and Communications System (PACS) administrator
- Radiology Information System (RIS) administrator
- Radiology Informatics System (RIS)/PACS sales and support analyst
- Radiology Informatics Project Manager
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our Radiology Informatics certificate prepares you - if you're currently working in the medical imaging field - to transition into a career as a Radiologic Informatics Systems (RIS)/Picture Archive & Communication Systems (PACS) administrator. Our curriculum teaches you:
- Picture Archive & Communication System (PACS) interface and system analysis
- Project Management and Quality Control
- Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM)
- Health Level 7 (HL7) messaging systems
- Electronic Health Records (EHR).
You will have the chance to design and implement a "PACS Plan" for an imaging department within a healthcare facility. This helps you prepare to function as Radiologic Informatics professionals, as well as to pass various industry certification exams.
Our program prepares you to:
- Function as an entry-level imaging informatics (PACS) administrator
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate professional behavior while functioning as an informatics specialist
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Demonstrate effective project management skills
- Apply imaging informatics legal and ethical standards in the professional environment
Our certificate is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. If you wish to continue your education upon graduation, all the courses within this certificate count towards completion of HACC’s Radiology Informatics AAS degree. Once you complete that associate’s degree, you may further your education by transferring your credits to a four-year institution and obtain a bachelor’s degree!
Our certificate is available entirely online through virtual learning.
You can complete spring, summer and fall classes at HACC. Submit your application anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, make sure to include the specific program code 3296. By using this code, you will ensure you are applying for the correct program.