Professional Bookkeeping - Certificate (1206)
Are you detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills? Are you good at solving problems through research and creative thinking? If this sounds like you, you may want to consider a career in bookkeeping.
Our Professional Bookkeeping Certificate can put you on a path to a rewarding career. Our curriculum prepares you for passing certifications, which indicates your expertise in bookkeeping and in using technology tooks, like Quickbooks.
Once you graduate from our Professional Bookkeeping certificate, you’ll be ready to find employment as a full-charge bookkeeper in a variety of industries and businesses, such as:
- Accounting firms
- Small businesses
- Nonprofit organizations
If you have the following traits, you may also find success and fulfillment as a bookkeeper:
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Strong math and computer skills
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- What occupations are in demand within the region you select
- The number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- The anticipated number of job openings available — just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now.
Our Professional Bookkeeping certificate gives you the essential skills you need in today’s business environment. By completing this certificate, you’ll be ready to pursue a position as a professional bookkeeper. Coursework focuses on essential general business and accounting skills needed in today's bookkeeping environment and places you on the fast-track to a rewarding career.
In addition, this certificate will help you pass industry certification exams, which indicate your expertise in the area of bookkeeping and technology tools. Taking these exams fall outside the curriculum and may require additional preparation and the payment of fees to test facilitators.
As you complete our program, you will:
- Perform all functions of accounting for sole proprietorships, partnerships and corporations
- Implement an effective system of internal control
- Show proficiency in operating microcomputer-based accounting systems and developing solutions to accounting problems using computerized spreadsheets
- Use data analytics and software tools to provide business insights
- Analyze financial statements, recognize potential problems and suggest appropriate solutions
- Communicate financial information to management
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Our certificate is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education with us and pursue an associate degree, all of your credits count towards the completion of our associate degree in business.
You can complete the entire program at our Harrisburg Campus, as well as through virtual learning. This program may also be completed at the Gettysburg and Lancaster campuses by taking some courses through virtual learning.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, please visit this webpage to review the most up-to-date details about how courses are being offered.
You can enroll in HACC classes for the spring, summer and fall anytime by visiting our website. When you apply, please include program code 1206 with your application. This code ensures you are applying to the correct program.
Choose HACC for the essential skills you need to succeed in today’s business environment.
With HACC on your side, you have a partner dedicated to YOUR success. Our admissions counselors or Steve Lustig, business studies department chair, can answer your questions about the program. You also can request more information online. We look forward to helping you enroll in this exciting program.