Liberal Arts - Associate in Arts (AA) (2091)
If you have a passion for the arts, literature, philosophy or music, HACC’s Liberal Arts Program can be your path to an inspiring career in the field of humanities. After completing our program and receiving your Associate in Arts (AA), we can help you choose a specialization and a four-year school to transfer your credits. Submit your application today!
After completing your associate degree, you can work towards a bachelor’s degree in any humanities subject, including languages, music and art. Based on your interest areas, you can focus on:
If you are interested in transferring your credits to a specialized program at a four-year school so you can pursue a specific artistic goal, we will help you develop the skills and plan you need. The Liberal Arts program is ideal for students who have an:
- Interest in other cultures and traditions
- Appreciation for the fine arts
- Interest in studying abroad
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our Liberal Arts program gives you an opportunity to select from a variety of courses to fit your area of interest and/or explore topics within the liberal arts areas. As you study such topics as English or English Literature, History, Humanities, Music, World Languages, or Philosophy, you are being prepared to transfer to a four-year institute to pursue a Bachelor's degree in these areas of study.
As you complete our program, you will be able to:
- Define the fundamental concepts associated with the specific disciplines chosen by the student, which include but are not limited to, terminology, genres, and theories
- Analyze, interpret and apply information in the assertion of ideas and conclusions
- Analyze works from literature and humanities within the context of a global community
- Recognize the influence of social context, such as history, politics, and religions, on creative expressions, within any culture
- Apply discipline-approved technology and communication forms and methods to discuss and disseminate knowledge and ideas
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Affordably YOURS, our two-year degree program is a transfer program. We designed our programs to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Our various transfer options include:
|Penn State Harrisburg:||English Secondary Education Certification (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Social Studies Secondary Education Certification (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||English (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Humanities (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||American Studies (pdf)|
|Penn State Mont Alto:||Program to Program Agreements (pdf)|
|Penn State York:||Program to Program Transfer Information (pdf)|
|Slippery Rock University of PA:||English Secondary Education Certification (pdf)|
|Slippery Rock University of PA:||History Secondary Education Certification (pdf)|
This program can be completed entirely online. You may also complete this program at the Lancaster and York campuses provided you take some of your required coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Blended, Online and/or Remote Learning). Also, you may complete this degree at the Harrisburg Campus. However, to fulfil the program requirements, you will need to take more than 51% of your required coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Blended, Online and/or Remote Learning).
Yes! We offer many scholarships through the HACC Foundation. Each scholarship has specific eligibility requirements. To learn how to apply, please visit hacc.edu/Scholarships.
You can apply for a HACC program anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, please include program code 2091. The code is for this specific program and ensures you apply to the correct program.
Future students, we are excited to connect with you and answer your questions. Please choose the option that works best for you to meet with us.
Current HACC students, please contact our Advising Department with any questions.