Liberal Arts - Associate in Arts (AA) (2091)
If you have a passion for the arts, literature or music, HACC’s Liberal Arts Program can be your path to an inspiring career in the field of humanities. After completing our program and receiving your Associate in Arts (AA), we can help you choose a specialization and a four-year school to transfer your credits. Submit your application today!
If you are interested in transferring your credits to a specialized program at a four-year school so you can pursue a specific artistic goal, we will help you develop the skills and plan you need. The Liberal Arts program is ideal for students who have an:
- Interest in other cultures and traditions
- Appreciation for the fine arts
- Interest in studying abroad
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
- Transfer into a humanities, languages and the arts discipline such as English language or literature, history, humanities, music, or world languages at a four-year institution
- Apply the fundamental concepts associated with the disciplines studied to analysis, research, writings and presentations
- Analyze, interpret and critique the assertion of ideas and conclusions within the context of a global community
- Analyze works from literature and humanities within the context of a global community
- Recognize the influence of cultural, historical, geographical, political, religious, and social context on creative expressions
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Affordably YOURS, our two-year degree program is a transfer program. We designed our programs to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Our various transfer options include:
|Central Penn College:||Humanities, Languages & Arts into Humanities (pdf)|
|Millersville University of PA:||Humanities, Languages & Arts into English BA and BSEd (pdf)|
|Millersville University of PA:||Humanities, Languages & Arts into Foreign Languages BA and BSEd (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||English Secondary Education Certification (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Social Studies Secondary Education Certification (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||English (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Humanities (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||American Studies (pdf)|
|Penn State Mont Alto:||Program to Program Agreements (pdf)|
|Penn State York:||Program to Program Transfer Information (pdf)|
|Slippery Rock University of PA:||English Secondary Education Certification (pdf)|
|Slippery Rock University of PA:||History Secondary Education Certfication (pdf)|
HACC designed our Humanities, Languages and the Arts program for students with a passion for the humanities. We want to help you develop YOUR skills, so you can succeed in the exciting field of your choice. Please contact Brenda Eppley at email@example.com, interim department chair, or an admissions counselor to request more information about the associate degree. We look forward to answering your questions and helping you enroll in our program.