Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning/Refrigeration (HVAC/R) - Certificate (4280)
Are you a problem-solver and able to manage challenging situations? Do you want to help to ensure that people live and work in comfortable temperatures?
Our program introduces you to the theory and hands-on skill sets to identify, design and install heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
You will be prepared for entry-level jobs related to installing or repairing HVAC systems in residential or commercial buildings. Such positions include:
- Equipment installer
- HVAC service technician
- HVAC maintenance technician
Individuals with an interest in equipment maintenance, building and construction, troubleshooting and hands-on work enjoy the HVAC program.
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Our professors teach theoretical principles and hands-on skills for identifying, designing and installing HVAC systems.
- Develop and apply basic skills of electricity, heating, refrigeration and air conditioning technology
- Install, repair and maintain heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Cite federal laws relevant to refrigerant recovery and recycling
- Read HVAC blueprints
- Design HVAC systems to meet prescribed specifications
- Address customer-service issues
You also will receive the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the R410A (type of equipment) certifications, which allow you to handle Freon.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- Review our new academic maps (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Our certificate program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to explore our full list of programs, including the associate degree in heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
You can apply for the HVAC Program anytime on our website. We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. When you apply, please include program code 4280 to ensure you enroll in this program.