Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning/Refrigeration (HVAC/R) - Certificate (4280)
Are you a problem-solver and able to manage challenging situations? Do you want to help to ensure that people live and work in comfortable temperatures?
Our program introduces you to the theory and hands-on skill sets to identify, design and install heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
You will be prepared for entry-level jobs related to installing or repairing HVAC systems in residential or commercial buildings. Such positions include:
- Equipment installer
- HVAC service technician
- HVAC maintenance technician
Individuals with an interest in equipment maintenance, building and construction, troubleshooting and hands-on work enjoy the HVAC program.
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Our professors teach theoretical principles and hands-on skills for identifying, designing and installing HVAC systems.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Communicate effectively with customer service issues
- Outline federal laws and obtain Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and R-410A refrigerant certification
- Install and service air flow systems and HVAC systems for residential dwellings
- Calculate and design HVAC system size and system size and system air flow devices
You also will receive the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the R410A (type of equipment) certifications, which allow you to handle Freon.
Our certificate program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to explore our full list of programs, including the associate degree in heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
You can complete the HVAC certificate at the Harrisburg Campus provided you take some of your required coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Blended, Online and/or Remote Learning). You may attend full-time during the day, or part-time during the evening.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
You can apply for the HVAC Program anytime on our website. We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. When you apply, please include program code 4280 to ensure you enroll in this program.