Welding Technology - Certificate (4161)
Do you enjoy working with your hands and have good hand-eye coordination? Do you want to be in a high-demand and increasingly high-tech field? Enroll in our Welding Technology Certificate to start your path to a rewarding career.
With a certificate, you are ready to enter the workforce as a qualified welder and seek employment as a(n):
- Machine operator that is related to welding
- Repair technician
- Welding sales and services representative
- Welder (you will need an American Welding Society (AWS) certification)
- Welder’s assistant
Do any of these characteristics describe you?
- Strong hand-eye coordination and
- Ability to work with tools
- Good attention to detail and
- Ability to stay focused for extended periods of time
- Solid communication skills and the capacity to
- Work well with others
- A desire to maximize your potential in the welding profession
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Our certificate prepares you for employment in the welding industry.. Our curriculum emphasizes developing advanced skills in:
- Blueprint reading
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Flux-Cored Arc Welding
- Gas metal arc welding
- Gas Tungsten-Arc Welding
- Oxy-Fuel WeldingCutting/Brazing
- Pipe Welding
- Testing and Inspection
- OSHA Safety
After completing our program, you will be able to:
- Read and interpret prints used for welding and metal fabrication
- Measure and cut metals used in welding
- Use Shielded Metal Arc Welding to join metal components in all positions
- Use Gas Metal Arc Welding to join metal components in all positions
- Use Flux Cored Arc Welding to join metal components in all positions
- Use Gas Tungsten Arc Welding to join metal components in all positions
- Use the Oxy-Fuel Process to Cut, Weld, and Braze metal components in all positions
- Test and inspect weldments with destructive and nondestructive examination
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- Review our new academic maps (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
The Welding Technology Certificate is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, you may transfer some of your HACC coursework into our Associate in Applied Science in technology studies if you want to continue your education.
Additionally, you can discuss the option of transferring credits to this school.
|Pennsylvania College of Technology:||Welding (pdf)|
You can complete the entire program at our Harrisburg Campus.
We offers classes in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply anytime online. When you submit your application, make sure to include program code 4161. By providing this unique code, you will ensure you are applying to the correct program.