Welding Technology - Certificate (4161)
Do you enjoy working with your hands and have good hand-eye coordination? Do you want to be in a high-demand and increasingly high-tech field? Enroll in our Welding Technology Certificate to start your path to a rewarding career.
With a certificate, you are ready to enter the workforce as a qualified welder and seek employment as a(n):
- Machine operator that is related to welding
- Repair technician
- Welding sales and services representative
- Welder (you will need an American Welding Society (AWS) certification)
- Welder’s assistant
Do any of these characteristics describe you?
- Strong hand-eye coordination and
- Ability to work with tools
- Good attention to detail and
- Ability to stay focused for extended periods of time
- Solid communication skills and the capacity to
- Work well with others
- A desire to maximize your potential in the welding profession
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Our certificate prepares you for employment in the welding industry as a qualified welder. You will have a chance to gain hands-on training with real equipment in our laboratories.
You will interact with highly qualified faculty to develop advanced skills in:
- Blueprint reading
- Flux cored and submerged arc welding
- Gas metal arc welding
- Gas tungsten arc welding
- Oxy fuel welding
- Shielded metal arc welding
- Testing and inspection
Also, our curriculum prepares you to take the American Welding Society (AWS) certification tests.
After completing our program, you will be able to:
- Interpret welding blueprints
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel in all positions with the oxy-fuel welding process
- Weld carbon steel in all positions with the shielded-metal-arc welding process
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel in all positions with the gas-metal-arc welding process
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel in all positions with the gas-tungsten-arc welding process
- Weld carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel in all positions with the flux-cored-arc welding process
- Weld carbon steel with the sub-arc welding process
- Weld pipe with oxy-fuel, SMAW, GMAW and GTAW welding processes
- Test and inspect weldments with destructive and nondestructive examination processes
Federal regulations require that the College disclose specific gainful employment information about our program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
The Welding Technology Certificate is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, you may transfer some of your HACC coursework into our Associate in Applied Science in technology studies if you want to continue your education.
Additionally, you can discuss the option of transferring credits to this school.
|Pennsylvania College of Technology:||Welding (pdf)|
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
We offers classes in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply anytime online. When you submit your application, make sure to include program code 4161. By providing this unique code, you will ensure you are applying to the correct program.