Web Development and Design - Certificate (1450)
Are you a creative person who loves working with computers? Do you enjoy creating content for the web and trying new technologies to bring visions to life? If this sounds like you, consider a career in web development and design.
With the certificate, you will be ready to find employment in businesses, government agencies and web consulting firms as a:
- Web designer
- Web developer
- front-end developer/designer
- back-end developer.
- full-stack developer
- Web interactive media specialist
- Web content writer
- Web producer
- web application developer, programmer
This type of career may be a good fit if you:
- Are creative with solid computer and math skills
- Enjoy working with others
- Consider yourself organized
- Have good time-management skills
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
With our Web Development and Design Certificate, you will gain foundational skills:
- website creation
- web design
- application development.
Electives in either web or career-focused courses allow you to narrow your studies to your individual your career goals.
In our program, you will be able to:
- Build websites that optimize the user experience for various uses and platforms
- Create web pages using HyperText Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Manage web content with a Content Management System (CMS)
- Design websites that are visually attractive, accessible and engaging
- Create web graphics with various design applications, such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Develop web and mobile applications that are dynamic, interactive and data-driven
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Our certificate program is designed to lead you into the workforce or towards the associate degree in Web Development and Design. When you complete your associate degree, you have options to continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
You can complete the entire program through virtual learning.
HACC offers classes in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, please make sure you include program code 1450, which ensures you are applying for the correct program.