Social Sciences - Associate in Arts (AA) (5090)
If you’re interested in any social science subject such as economics, geography, history or political science, our Social Sciences Program can be your first step towards obtaining your bachelor’s degree. As you work to complete our program to receive your Associate in Arts (AA) in social science, we can help you choose a specialization and transfer your credits to a four-year school.
After completing our program, you can transfer to a four-year school to study for your bachelor’s degree in:
- Political science
- Public administration
- Other social science fields
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our innovative professors will provide you with a solid foundation in your area of interest. You will select your courses based on your chosen specialty through social science electives. Once you complete our transfer program, you will be able to:
- Explain major theoretical perspectives in the field
- Describe basic research methodologies in the field
- Gain information from scholarly sources and to correctly provide citation of the same
- Define and utilize the basic terminology used in the field
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills by evaluating major issues or challenges in the field and present possible solutions
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills by applying major theories and/or findings in the field to cross-cultural and/or global issues
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Conveniently YOURS, our programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you take the proper classes at HACC.
Our various transfer options are:
|Elizabethtown College:||Social Sciences into Sociology & Anthropology, History or Political Science (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Sociology (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Public Policy (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Political Science (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||American Studies (pdf)|
|Penn State Mont Alto:||Program to Program Agreements (pdf)|
|Penn State York:||Program to Program Transfer Information (pdf)|
|Shippensburg University of PA:||Social Science into Social Work (pdf)|
|West Virginia University:||International Studies B.A. (pdf)|
|West Virginia University:||Anthropology B.A. (pdf)|
|West Virginia University:||Political Science B.A. (pdf)|
|West Virginia University:||Sociology B.A. (pdf)|
|York College of Pennsylvania:||Social Science Articulation Agreement (pdf)|
We offer the complete program entirely online. In addition, you may complete this program at our Harrisburg Campus provided you take some of your required coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Blended, Online and/or Remote Learning
Yes! We offer many scholarships through the HACC Foundation. Each scholarship has specific eligibility requirements. To learn how to apply, please visit hacc.edu/Scholarships.
You can apply anytime through our website for spring, summer and fall classes. When you apply online, please include the code 5090 that is specific to this program. This code will ensure you are applying to the correct program.
Future students, we are excited to connect with you and answer your questions. Please choose the option that works best for you to meet with us.
Current HACC students, please contact our Advising Department with any questions.
Meet Amaury: Impacting the World for Good
“…HACC meant opportunity, an opportunity for a better education, better friendships and a better lifestyle.”