The Honors Program is designed to meet the academic needs of students demonstrating academic excellence.
The total number of college credits to earn an Associate degree is the same as for non-Honors students. The critical difference is in the depth and content of Honors courses. In order to graduate with the Honors Program designation, students must complete 15 credit hours in Honors and maintain at least a 3.25 overall GPA.
What is the Honors program?
HACC's Honors program:
- Welcomes students of all majors
- Provides curricular, co-curricular, and experiential educational opportunities
- Encourages the knowledge, skills, experience, critical thinking, and leadership abilities essential for a lifetime of integrative learning
- Offers discussion-based and interdisciplinary courses, linking developments in arts, humanities, sciences, and technology
- Promotes independent research
What will I gain?
Class size limited to no more than 15 students Dynamic learning environment for highly motivated students
- Discussion-oriented, seminar-style instruction
- Exceptional faculty committed to student success
- Experiential learning activities
- Transfer opportunities
- Dedicated honors advisor
Honors Program designation on the official transcript
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information about the program, please send an email to email@example.com.
Testimonials from Honors students
Matthew Manotti: "The Honors Program is specifically designed for students who enjoy their job: being a student. If you love to learn for learning's sake, you belong here."
Christine Mackey: "The classes have been by far the most rewarding I have taken. They are taught in such a different style that not only does it make you think, but it also engages you and captures your attention. You don't have to be super-smart either, just have an open mind and an eagerness to learn."