Health Care Management
Below is information on the Health Care Management Associate in Applied Science Degree program - Gettysburg/Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York campuses.
Healthcare professionals with an active credential and currently working in the field may qualify for the associate degree in health science. You can receive 30 credits toward graduation for the credential and receive a similar degree that requires fewer courses.
What is a health care manager?
A health care manager has various duties. You must:
- Supervise the delivery of health care
- Work long hours
- Be available at all hours to manage problems
Health care managers take on a variety of roles:
- Clinical managers usually have previous training
- Health care managers at small group practices handle all of the duties
- Health care managers at larger medical groups work with a chief administrator and assistants
- Health care managers in HMOs perform community outreach and preventative care
What does a health care manager make?
Salaries vary based on level and type of employment.
What is the goal of HACC's Health Care Management program?
View our Advising Checksheet (pdf) for more information.
The Health Care Management program is ideal for students who are working in health care without credentials. Many students seek a career in health care administration.
What degree will I earn?
HACC awards a health care management associate in applied science degree after successful completion.
Manager positions often require a master's degree. However, smaller facilities accept a Bachelor's degree and/or work experience.
Where can I advance my education?
HACC has articulation agreements with the following schools:
- Franklin University offers a BS in Healthcare Management.
- Shippensburg University offers a BS in Healthcare Administration
- Lebanon Valley College offers a BS in Health Care Management. They hold part-time classes in the evening.
- Immaculata University offers a BS in Health Care Management. They offer part-time evening classes at HACC's Lancaster campus, Fort Indiantown Gap and online.
- Bloomsburg University offers a BAS in Technical Leadership both online and on campus
- Central Penn College offers a Health Care Management into Health Care Administration both online and on campus.
- Elizabethtown College offers a Health Care Management degree
- Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences offers a Healthcare Administration degree
Who can I contact for more information?
Please contact an Admissions Counselor, by phone at 800-ABC-HACC, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org