Mechanical Technology - Certificate (4350)
Are you interested in creating prototypes and designing vehicles? Do you want to learn more about computer-aided-drafting or machinery? Our Mechanical Technology Certificate Program can teach you the skills you need to succeed in this type of career.
After graduating from our program, you will be ready to join the workforce as an entry-level drafter or technical assistant in government or industry-related settings.
Many individuals with this type of interest describe themselves as individuals who:
- Think technically
- Enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems with creative thinking
- Have strong math and geometry skills
- Can easily visualize 3-D images in your mind
- Possess excellent computer skills
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
With our innovative Mechanical Technology Program, you will learn solid modeling as well as two-dimensional and 3-D drafting techniques. You also will work with sophisticated computer numerical controls (CNC) and programmable logic controls (PLC) systems for computer-assisted manufacturing.
By the time you graduate from our program, you will be able to:
- Draft design details and production drawings for mechanical components using a CAD system
- Serve as entry-level programmers for computer numerical control (CNC) equipment
- Install and test mechanical equipment
- Serve as aides to engineers and scientists
- Serve as apprentice machinists
Federal guidelines require that the College disclose specific gainful employment information about our program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Our certificate program is designed to lead directly to employment. However, you may transfer credits from your required coursework into our associate degree in mechanical engineering technology.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
We offer courses in the spring, summer and fall, and you can visit our website to apply anytime. When you submit your application, please include the unique program code 4350, which ensures you apply to the correct one.
We can help you combine your passion for drawing and math into a rewarding career. With our Mechanical Technology Program, you will have the opportunity to work with today’s most advanced systems. To learn more about this promising career path, please contact an admissions counselor or department chair Kelley Engle, today!