Graphic Design - Certificate (2200)
Do you have an eye for visual design? Do you have an interest in working with computers? If so, then HACC's Graphic Design certificate may be perfect for you!
After completing our certificate, you will have the knowledge and skills to obtain entry-level employment in the graphic design industry. Or, you can continue your education by completing our associate degree in Graphic and Interactive Design.
Our certificate program trains you how to operate industry-standard equipment and graphic software. Graduates can find employment in:
- retail stores
- government agencies
- print and exhibition companies
Individuals who are successful in this industry:
- Enjoy using images to communicate with others
- Enjoy using computer software to design and create layouts
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
You will be trained on proper use of industry-standard equipment and graphic software. Coursework requires you to assemble artwork that will serve to demonstrate your skills in digital imaging and layout design work, which can be used to obtain entry-level employment.
This certificate will prepare you to:
- Demonstrate skills involved in the graphic design field
- Create an effective visual communication
- Operate computers and graphic software used in design
- Present a collection of graphic design work
Our program is also accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), which is a specilaized accrediting agency for schools of art and design that is recognized by the United States Department of Education. Membership is gained only through the peer review process of accreditation.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Although this program is designed to lead directly into the workforce, you do have the ability to transfer your credits into HACC's associate degree in Graphic and Interactive Design. Once you have successful completion of a presentation/mini-portfolio review, you can transfer into HACC's AAS degree in Graphic & Interactive Design.
HACC holds classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can apply anytime by applying on our website and submitting your application online. When you apply, please include program code 2200, which is specific to this program. By including this unique code with your application, you can ensure you apply for your intended program.