Computer Information Systems - Certificate (1312)
Do you enjoy working with computer software, hardware and networks?
Earning our Computer Information Systems Certificate can be your path to an exciting career in this growing field or it can help update your skills so you remain competitive in the workforce.
You have the opportunity to select from two concentrations to match your interests: Support Specialist and Database Analyst.
After completing your certificate, you can work in a variety of settings, including: businesses, government agencies, computer consulting firms and healthcare or educational institutions. You may work as a:
- Computer operator, help-desk analyst or technical support specialist
- Database analyst, database administrator or data modeler
You’re most likely to enjoy this program if you:
- Have strong math and computer skills
- Think logically
- Are a team player with solid communication skills
- Consider yourself organized and a self-starter
- Solve problems creatively
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
With our Computer Information Systems certificate, you’ll gain essential skills and a solid foundation in computer software, hardware and network communication that is needed for the computer technology job market. Upon graduation, you’ll be ready for an entry-level position within this field.
Though, if you’re currently in the workforce, this certificate can add to your knowledge base and refresh your skillset.
With this program, you select to focus in one of two specializations:
- Database analyst, which emphasizes database management and administration
- Support specialist, which concentrates on technical support with software, hardware and security
Once you choose your specialization, you will be prepared to:
- Develop a database system through an entire life-cycle
- Program data queries and analyze data using business intelligence tools
- Troubleshoot computer software, hardware and networks
- Operate a help-desk support system
Our certificate program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to earn an associate degree in our Computer Information Systems AAS program at HACC!
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
You can complete the certificate entirely online.
You can enroll in our classes for the spring, summer and fall by visiting our website and submitting your application. When you submit your application, please include program code 1312 with your application. This code makes sure you’re applying to the correct program.