Building Construction Management - Certificate (4250)
Do you have a knack for envisioning the individual components of a building project and how they come together? Are you a team player who can solve problems with analytical and creative thinking? If you have answered “yes” to these questions, our Building Construction Management Certificate is for you!
Jump to career information below!
With a certificate, you will be ready to enter the construction and contracting field as a:
- Construction inspector
- Construction scheduler
- Quantity take-off technician or estimator
- Project manager
Get more information on becoming a Contractor here.
This type of career may be the right fit if you:
- Have strong time-management skills
- Enjoy working with others and
- Communicate well
- Find that math comes easily to you
- Enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems with logic and reasoning
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
You will gain general knowledge about the overall construction process. Once you graduate from our program, you will be able to:
- Interpret the various contract documents and governing regulations used in construction projects
- Recognize construction methods, materials, systems and equipment
- Apply project management principles to construction projects
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
The Building Construction Management Certificate is designed to lead you directly to entry-level employment. If you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to transfer your credits to our Associate in Applied Science in building construction management that is offered fully online.
We offer this program entirely online.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply online anytime. When you submit your application, please include program code 4250 with your application. This code ensures you apply to the correct program.
Future students, we are excited to connect with you and answer your questions. Please choose the option that works best for you to meet with us.
Current HACC students, please contact our Advising Department with any questions.
“Based on my experience as an architect for over 30 years, these classes provide learners the skills needed to succeed in a career in the construction industry. The assignments in my classes are based on real world experience and designed to expose learners to different facets of the industry.” - Kazim Dharsi, M. Arch., R.A., Senior Professor of Architecture