Administrative Office Management - Certificate (1371)
Do you want to learn basic keyboarding, computer and communication skills to apply in your current position or use towards a new position in an office environment?
Our Administrative Office Management certificate prepares you for positions in a variety of office-related environments as well as the opportunity to go on and complete our associate degree in Administrative Office Management!
After earning your certificate, you will be ready to find a job as an administrative office specialist. Our program graduates have secured jobs in different environments, including:
- Business offices
- Private sector organizations
- State and federal government
- Specialized environments, such as legal, medical, financial, insurance, law enforcement, engineering and management
An administrative office specialist needs to ensure a good, working environment and help departments work efficiently. The ideal candidate for this program:
- Is organized and possesses strong time-management skills
- Can make good decisions quickly
- Has solid math skills
- Pays attention to details while thinking ahead
- Can communicate effectively
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Over the course of our program, you’ll learn how to perform clerical, administrative, management and information systems support. You will also gain exposure to emerging technologies and other online and mobile business solutions through hands-on application and research.
By completing this program, you will prepare to demonstrate excellence in the following skills:
- Show proficiency in keyboarding and machine transcription
- Apply advanced software skills to produce business documents
- Manage records manually and electronically
- Perform basic accounting functions
- Create effective presentations
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Our certificate is designed to lead you into the workforce or towards the associate degree in Administrative Office Management. When you complete your associate degree, you have options to continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
HACC holds classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can apply anytime by visiting our website and submitting your application online. When you apply, please include program code 1371, which is specific to this program. By including this unique code with your application, you can ensure you apply for your intended program.
At HACC, we are committed to seeing you succeed. To learn more, please contact an admissions counselor or the engineering, trades & computer technologies department chair, Dr. Kelley Engle, to request more information. We want to help you take YOUR next step to a fulfilling and rewarding career in office management.