Administrative Office Management - Associate in Applied Science (AAS) (1926)
Managing an office environment requires a wide range of professional skills. If you have strong time-management and organizational skills, our Associate in Applied Science in Administrative Office Management can be your key to pursuing a rewarding career.
After completing our program and earning your associate degree, you will have the foundation necessary to find employment as an administrative office specialist in a variety of office settings, including:
- Business offices
- Private sector organizations
- Public service settings
- Specialized environments such as legal, medical, financial, insurance, law enforcement and engineering
- State and federal government offices
As an administrative office specialist, you will:
- Work to make sure the office is a good, working environment
- Ensure the departments have everything they need to work efficiently
- Make decisions that can have a direct impact on others
To be successful in this career, you must:
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate good multi-tasking skills
- Feel comfortable with making decisions
- Be a self-starter
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
We will teach you how to perform clerical, administrative, management and information systems support in a variety of office-related environments. You will gain exposure to emerging technologies and other online and mobile business solutions through hands-on application as well as conduct your own research,
As a graduate of our program, you will be able to:
- Show proficiency in keyboarding and office transcription
- Apply advanced software skills to produce business documents
- Integrate software applications
- Research using the Internet
- Manage records manually and electronically
- Perform basic accounting functions
- Create effective presentations
- Implement up-to-date office technologies and procedures
- Assess current business-related technologies and resources to enhance professional administrative productivity
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Yes! Conveniently YOURS, although our program is designed to leave you directly into the workforce, opportunities do exist for you to transfer your credits to a four-year institutions. Our associate degree programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a variety of colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
We have classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can apply anytime by visiting our website and submitting your application online. Program code 1926 is specific to the Administrative Office Management Program. Please include this unique code in the application when you apply.
With our experienced instructors, innovative courses and convenient classes, you can get the foundation you need to achieve a rewarding career in administration office management. To learn more about this program, including your transfer opportunities, please contact an admissions counselor, department chair Kelley Engle or request more information online.