Liberal Studies - Certificate (7166)
Do you want to complete your Freshman year close to home at an affordable price before transferring to a four-year college or university? HACC's Liberal Studies certificate allows you to complete 30 credits, or one year, of general education courses that will transfer to any four-school you would choose!
Our certificate is designed to prepare you to transfer your credits to a four-year college or university in order to earn a Baccalaureate degree in any major you choose. This certificate allows you to complete standard general education courses and establish a record of college-level academic success. This may place you in a better position to gain entry into selective-admission four-year schools, as well as in receiving academic scholarships. Also, this program allows you to explore various majors while you are taking these general education courses before transferring.
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our Liberal Studies certificate consists of courses that are commonly required of all students, regardless of the major you would select, at most four-year institutions. Completion of this certificate demonstrates that you would have a foundational knowledge in a broad range of academic areas.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Conduct college-level mathematical computations and analyses
- Create and express ideas in writing in a clear, organized manner appropriate for the intended audience
- Construct and orally present information appropriate to one's audience
- Access, evaluate and cite sources to meet information needs
- Describe the patterns and processes that shape the living and non-living natural world derived from experiment and observation
- Describe human behavior and interaction involving the educational, political, economic, geographical, historical, anthropological, psychological, or sociological factors that influence individual and social growth and development
- Demonstrate an understanding of fine art, the performing arts, literature, foreign language or philosophy
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Our certificate program is designed to prepare you to transfer to any four-year college or university.
You may complete our Liberal Studies certificate entirely online. You may also complete it all of our five campuses provided you take some of your required coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Blended, Online and/or Remote Learning).
Yes! We offer many scholarships through the HACC Foundation. Each scholarship has specific eligibility requirements. To learn how to apply, please visit hacc.edu/Scholarships.
You can apply for the Liberal Studies certificate anytime by submitting your application on our website. We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. Please include the program code 7166, which is unique to Liberal Studies with your application. This code will ensure you apply for the correct program.
Future students, we are excited to connect with you and answer your questions. Please choose the option that works best for you to meet with us.
Current HACC students, please contact our Advising Department with any questions.