English - Associate in Arts (AA) (2076)
If you have a passion for literature, HACC’s English program can be your path to a variety of careers that require writing, critical thinking, and problem solving. After completing our program and receiving your Associate in Arts (AA), we can help you choose a four-year school to transfer your credits. Submit your application today!
After completing your associate degree, you can work towards a bachelor’s degree in English. The English program at HACC is ideal for students with an interest in any of the following:
- Literature, Writing, and Critical Thinking
- Other cultures and traditions
- How art, history, and culture influence our understanding of literature
- Applying analytical thinking to the problems of today and tomorrow
Individuals who select this major have:
- strong critical thinking skills
- strong verbal and written communication skills
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our English program provides an opportunity to select from a variety of courses to fit your area of interest and/or explore topics within the English discipline. As you complete our program, you will be able to:
- Transfer into an English major at a four-year institution
- Apply the fundamental concepts associated with the English discipline to analysis, research, writings and presentations
- Analyze, interpret and critique the assertion of ideas and conclusions within the context of a global community
- Analyze works from literature within the context of a global community
- Recognize the influence of cultural, historical, geographical, political, religious, and social context on literature
This curriculum is designed to prepare students to:
- Analyze literary texts across a variety of time periods and genres
- Write arguments that demonstrate advanced thought, diction, and style
- Locate, evaluate, document, and use scholarly resources in the literature discipline
- Analyze, interpret, and critique literature within the context of cultures across the globe
- Apply literary theory to the interpretation of literary texts
Affordably YOURS, our two-year degree program is a transfer program. We designed our programs to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Our various transfer options include:
|Millersville University of PA:||English AA to BA English (pdf)|
|Penn State Harrisburg:||English (pdf)|
|Penn State York:||English (pdf)|
|Shippensburg University of PA:||English to English Literary Studies, Eng. Writing Concentration, or Eng. Secondary Edu. (pdf)|
|West Virginia University:||English (BA) (pdf)|
This program can be completed entirely online.
You can apply for a HACC program anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, please include program code 2076. The code is for this specific program and ensures you apply to the correct program.