Automotive Technology - General Motors (ASEP) - Associate in Applied Science (AAS) (4570)
Do you enjoy working on cars and describe yourself as mechanically inclined? Are you good with your hands and like problem solving? Let us help you start your career path in the automotive industry!
In addition to our associate degree in automotive technology, we offer an Automotive Technology - General Motors Automotive Service Educational Program (ASEP) that allows you to work exclusively on General Motors vehicles. General Motors (GM) is a world leader in automotive technical innovation, and you will gain exposure to OnStar connectivity, gasoline direct injection, plug-in hybrids and advanced diesel engine technology.
Our program is accredited in eight categories of automotive repair by the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Education Foundation.
As automotive technology becomes more sophisticated, there is a demand for high-technically skilled auto technicians.
As a graduate from our program, you will be prepared to become a state-of-the-art technician and find employment at a General Motors dealership or ACDelco repair facility as a:
- Front-line supervisor
- Service advisor
- Service manager
- Vehicle technician
- Warranty administrator
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Our innovative instructors will:
- Train you on current General Motors products and components
- Provide you with GM training credit up to 85% of current requirements
- Teach you how to use the latest diagnostic and servicing procedures and equipment
- Provide GM-ASEP training, along with practical work experience and guidance
After graduating from this program, you will be able to:
- Work as a factory-certified GM technician in a General Motors dealership or ACDelco repair facility
- Perform all services and repairs on General Motors vehicles
- Complete ASE (National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence) examinations
- Complete the Pennsylvania State Emissions Inspector and Safety Inspection License examinations
Our program is selective, which means your admission into the College does not guarantee enrollment into this program. You must meet specific requirements for this program, such as earn a passing grade on a mechanical aptitude test and have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Review our new academic maps (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Yes! Our program is designed to lead directly to employment or to transfer to a wide variety of colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so that you can take the proper classes at HACC.
As an automotive technology - General Motors (ASEP) student, your transfer options are:
We offer the complete program only at our Harrisburg Campus provided you take some of your required coursework through multiple modalities (e.g. Blended, Online and/or Remote Learning).
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply anytime on our website. When you submit your application, please include program code 4570 so you can specify the correct program.
Future students, we are excited to connect with you and answer your questions. Please choose the option that works best for you to meet with us.
Current HACC students, please contact our Advising Department with any questions.