Auctioneering - Diploma (0100)
Do you want to learn the auction “chant” and sell at least 70 items per minute? If you do, you may be well-suited to work as an auctioneer or for a licensed auctioneer. Take some time to read below and learn more about how you can obtain a diploma in auctioneering.
After completing our auctioneering courses and passing the Pennsylvania State Auctioneer License Examination, you’ll become self-employed as a licensed auctioneer.
The most successful auctioneers are:
- Knowledgeable of a wide variety of merchandise
- Skilled in closing the sale and maintaining momentum
- Sensitive to the flow of the auction
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our experienced instructors will help you transition into an effective auctioneer. As you complete our program, you will:
- Develop an auction “chant”
- Use appraisal sources and techniques
- Procure merchandise for auction
- Define and discuss legal issues related to auctioneering
- Organize and prepare an auction
- Conduct an auction
- Prepare business correspondence and government forms
The Pennsylvania State Board of Auctioneer Examiners approves this program and confirms it meets the educational course requirements necessary to sit for the Auctioneer License Examination.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Our diploma program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education with us and pursue an associate degree, all of your credits count towards the completion of our associate degree.
We offer this entire program only during the Fall semester at our Harrisburg Campus.
You will need to complete the entire program, which is 20 credits, during the fall term.
You can apply anytime by visiting our website and submitting your application online. To ensure that you apply for the correct program, please include program code 0100 in your application.