Safety Inspection Training: Non-Credit (0013)
Are you looking to complete your safety inspection licensing? You can do it through HACC! Our Pennsylvania State Safety Inspection training is available to individuals who want to complete the licensing process for cars and light duty trucks, motorcycles, heavy truck and trailers or enhanced inspector licensing.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
This licensing process is primarily for students who are currently working in the automotive industry but need to obtain the licensure to meet the requirements of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
What is the average salary?
Salaries will vary by employer and your level of experience. By adding this license, you will potentially increase your salary and marketability. For questions related to salaries, you may contact our automotive department at 717-780-2411.
Also, you can explore automotive careers with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that assists individuals in developing a path from education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
Through both classroom and hands-on instruction, our 16-hour training course is designed to prepare you to pass the State Certification Exam for Pennsylvania Safety Inspections and serves the needs of individuals who are already employed within the automotive industry.
Our course enables you to:
- Pass the Pennsylvania Safety Inspection (written and tactile) prior to the certification exam
- Describe the rules covering Pennsylvania safety inspections
- Demonstrate proper use of inspection tools
- Demonstrate proper documentation
- Inspect a passenger car, or light truck, and determine whether or not the vehicle has passed
- Describe the various systems and the requirements needed to meet inspection standards
The Safety Inspection and Emissions programs are operated in cooperation with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
What classes will I take?
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
The license is a requirement of Pennsylvania to perform a legal inspection and offers additional credentials to you. It does not transfer into college credits.
Where can I complete this program?
The course is available at our Harrisburg Campus.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
You can complete spring, summer and fall classes at HACC. Please use the information below to contact us to learn start dates and enrollment deadlines.
How can I learn more?
We are passionate about providing a high-quality education and an opportunity for you to pursue your goals. Please contact LuAnn Gallup at 717-780-2411 for more information.