HACC Honors Program Full-Ride Scholarship
Please note that the deadline to submit applications has passed.
If you excelled in high school and want to continue YOUR success in college, HACC’s Honors Program may be your perfect fit.
You may also win one of five full-ride scholarships!
HACC’s Honors Program offers:
- Small, seminar-style classes that challenge you
- Classes that prepare you to transfer anywhere, including top four-year schools
- A robust co-curricular program including field trips and special transfer events
Five eligible participants will be randomly selected to win the full-ride scholarship.
Graduating students from the following schools will be included in a special drawing for two of the five scholarships:
- Harrisburg High SchoolPlease note that the deadline to submit applications has passed.
- JP McCaskey High School
- Lebanon Senior High School
- Mahanoy Area Junior Senior High School
- McCaskey East High School
- Mifflin County Academy of Science and Technology
- Sci-Tech High School
- Shenandoah Valley Junior Senior High School
- Steelton-Highspire High School
- William Penn Senior High School
Each full-ride scholarship will cover a student’s tuition, books and fees in a two-year period.
Please visit our Honors Program webpage for eligibility requirements.
Eligible scholarship applicants:
- Have a high school GPA of at least 3.5, OR graduated high school in the top 20% of class, OR have an 1150 SAT (reading and math) OR have an ACT composite score of 24
- Commit to maintain active status in the Honors Program throughout their College enrollment
- Have graduated from high school in 2020 or 2021
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA by June 30, 2021
- Are not an employee of HACC or the spouse/dependent of a HACC employee
- Have not taken a class at HACC (with the exception of dual enrollment and College in the High School students)
- Do not possess a college credential (associate degree, certificate or diploma)
- Reside in one of the counties in HACC’s 11-county region
- Apply for the HACC Honors Program by June 24, 2021 and be accepted by July 6, 2021
- Register for classes (including at least one Honors class) by Aug. 1, 2021
- Commit to completing in the HACC Honors Program from the fall 2021 semester through their graduation from HACC
- Agree to allow HACC to use photos/videos of them and their story for promotional purposes
- Agree to work with the Office of College Advancement to share their story to current and future students
- Complete assigned promotional tasks throughout their student career at HACC
- Abide by all requirements outlined in the contract that they will sign prior to receiving the funds
- Understand that they are not eligible for any other HACC scholarships or tuition giveaways while receiving full-ride scholarship funds
- Understand that to maintain eligibility for the scholarship, the students must remain active in the Honors Program.
In order to continue to receive scholarship monies, recipients must abide by stipulations in the agreement, which include:
Maintaining active status in HACC’s Honors Program. This means:
- Enroll in at least one Honors course (preferably HONS 101) in the Fall 2021 semester
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA (if GPA falls below 3.25, students are put on a probationary status and have one semester to bring it back up..)
- Serve on the Honors Student Leadership Advisory Council
- Enroll in at least one Honors course per semester or attend at least two Honors activities per semester.
Not missing more than two consecutive spring or fall semesters at HACC
Serving as an ambassador to HACC by sharing their story and allowing video and photography of them to be used for promotional purposes
Once the online application closes, all submissions will be entered into a random drawing.
All future students who completed an application will receive an email by July 22, 2021, from HACCscholarships@hacc.edu.
The email will be sent to the email address provided in the application.
If you do not receive the full-ride scholarship, you are encouraged to apply for other HACC scholarships once you enroll at HACC!
If you are awarded the funds and do not follow the terms agreed upon, you will no longer receive the funds. The HACC expenses will then become your responsibility.