Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Certificate - Non-Credit (0015)
Do you enjoy driving? Do you have good judgment skills and work well independently? Do you want to be one of the 3.5 million truck drivers in the United States?
Truck drivers are responsible for picking up and delivering freight as well as inspecting their truck for mechanical issues. Additional opportunities in safety, dispatching and fleet management may be available.
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our program provides in-class and hands-on experience to help you gain employment as a truck driver with either a CDL Class A or a Class B license. Our training can range from a personalized refresher class for someone who currently holds a CDL License to a 200-hour CDL Class A course.
Regardless if you are new to truck driving or want to refresh your skills, our program is designed to prepare you to:
- Follow written and verbal directions
- Properly understand signage used on public roads
- Safely operate a commercial vehicle in controlled environments and public roads
- Perform the mechanical skills needed to properly perform daily tasks
- Properly hook up, move and unhook trailers
You must be 18 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license and be able to pass the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s physical and drug screen tests.
Upon completing your certificate, you can continue your education at HACC and earn an associate degree.
When you complete your associate degree, you can transfer credits to a four-year school.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
To learn start dates and application requirements, please use the information listed in the "How Can I Learn More" section to contact us. Tuition is due at the time of registration.