HACC remains YOURS in Lebanon.
On Oct. 1, 2019, the Board of Trustees of HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, was informed that the College is in discussions with potential buyers of selling and/or leasing space at HACC’s Lebanon Campus building at 735 Cumberland St., Lebanon, PA 17042.
On Dec. 26, 2019, the College informed students and employees that one of the potential buyers is the City of Lebanon.
On Dec. 24, 2020, the College entered into an agreement of sale with the City of Lebanon for HACC’s Lebanon Campus building for $2.2 million. The City of Lebanon will lease space to HACC in the building for up to five years – at no lease cost.
Regardless of the potential sale, HACC will remain in Lebanon!
- HACC regularly reviews its real estate portfolio. In some cases, such as the Midtown 2 building at the Harrisburg Campus, the College has chosen not to renew its lease. In other cases, such as at the York Campus, we may sell a building that is not being effectively utilized.
- Prior to the pandemic, HACC was using 50% of the Lebanon Campus building. Once the campuses re-open, our smaller footprint in the building will continue to serve our needs .
- We will make every effort to minimize the impact of renovations on classes and student services. We anticipate the renovations to be completed by August 2021.
- We anticipate the sale to be completed in June 2021.
This does NOT diminish our commitment to our employees and students!
Because this situation is extremely fluid, we will update this page as new information becomes available.
HACC Media Statements
- HACC Explores Options to Sell Lebanon Campus Building, Oct. 2, 2019
- HACC Provides Financial Information for Lebanon Campus, Dec. 12, 2019
- HACC Plans to Sell Lebanon Campus Building, Dec. 24, 2020
Last updated: Jan. 11, 2021