Department of Public Safety and Security Services
Photo IDs and Parking Permits
***Please note: Student ID Cards and Parking Permits are now issued at your campus Welcome Center***
You will need your HACC Photo ID for many purposes. This includes purchasing / returning books, accessing labs, using the Evans gym, signing out books from HACC campus libraries, financial aid and welcome center transactions, among others.
HACC requires all students, faculty, and staff to register their vehicles. Vehicle registration allows us to notify the owner of emergencies or other circumstances that may affect their vehicle.
When you register for classes, your Welcome Center will assist you in obtaining a HACC Photo ID and Parking Permit.
- Current class schedule
- Valid driver's license
- Valid vehicle registration
Getting your HACC Photo ID takes only a few minutes. It is free for the first issue. HACC charges a $5 replacement fee for a lost or damaged Photo ID.
We can provide uniformed personnel to escort you. These uniformed personnel will escort you between on-campus parking areas and campus buildings. You can choose a vehicle or on-foot escort.
You can request an escort by:
- Calling your campus DPSS phone number
- Activating the nearest callbox on campus
Access to facilities
Students, faculty, staff and members of the public have access to most HACC facilities during operating hours. Some facilities are secure. These include smart classrooms and labs. We keep these facilities locked unless they are in use or monitored.
The Department of Public Safety and Security is responsible for providing access to secured facilities for the HACC community members who have proper authorization.
HACC has no student residential facilities.
Jump starts and lockouts
You may contact the Department of Public Safety and Security if you:
- Are unable to start your vehicle.
- Have locked yourself out of your vehicle while on campus.
We will not attempt to unlock a vehicle without you signing a Waiver of Liabilty form provided by an Officer.
Lost and found program
The Department of Public Safety and Security maintains a lost and found program at each Campus. If you find lost property or you have lost property check with your Campus Secuirty.
Firearms and other weapons
- HACC prohibits the carrying and use of firearms or other weapons on any HACC campus including college-owned or controlled property. This policy includes students, visitors, staff and faculty. A valid Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms does not exempt the holder from this policy.
- Students, visitors, staff and faculty may possess and carry pepper spray on HACC campuses for the purposes of lawful self-defense.
- HACC's policy also provides exemptions to allow firearms and other weapons to be brought onto the Harrisburg Campus. Exemptions are only for the specific purpose of:
- Act 120 Municipal Police Training
- Act 44 and Act 235 Lethal Weapon Training
- Other authorized training conducted at the Shumaker and Piccola Public Safety Centers
You must obtain permission from the Department of Public Safety and Security of your local campus if:
- You want to use an item for visual aid during a classroom presentation that may be considered a weapon.
- You wish to request exemption from the prohibition on carrying weapons. (NOTE: This is generally a courtesy extended only to off duty law enforcement)