General Motors’ Automotive Service Educational Program (ASEP) prepares students as state-of-the-art technicians for GM dealerships. A new generation of “high tech” automotive technology demands a new generation of automotive service technicians. Students are trained on all current General Motors products and components. The latest diagnostic and servicing procedures and equipment are used. This program is certified in the eight categories of automotive repair by the Automotive Service Excellence/National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (ASE/NATEF). The complete program is only available at the Harrisburg Campus.
Selective Program: Entry into this program is not guaranteed with admission to the College; specific admissions criteria must be met. Contact the program coordinator for specific program entry requirements.
GM-ASEP training, along with practical work experience and guidance, enables graduates to become quality technicians. Other career opportunities such as service advisor, warranty administrator, shop foreperson, or service manager can also be pursued.
This curriculum is designed to prepare students to:
- Work as service technicians in General Motors dealerships
- Perform all services and repairs on General Motors vehicles
- Complete the eight ASE examinations(with ASEP experience of two years)
- Complete the Pennsylvania Safety Inspection License examination
- Write and speak effectively
- Appreciate accomplishments in the arts and sciences