The Law Enforcement Training Unit offers professional training. Our goal is to provide training that is economical, professional and responsive. We value:
- Customer satisfaction
Learn about Law Enforcement at HACC and the training we offer.
Cadets from the 105th Police Academy lower the flag on Peace Officer Memorial Day to honor fallen law enforcement officers.
What training does the Law Enforcement Unit offer?
The Law Enforcement Unit offers a Basic Handgun Marksmanship and Safety for Civilians course.
This class is eight hours. It is for civilians who want basic knowledge and hands-on experience with a handgun. The course will cover:
- Legal topics. These include chapter 5 of the PA Crimes Code and Pennsylvania's Castle Doctrine.
- Safe handling and storage of a handgun
The live fire portion will cover basic fundamentals such as:
- Proper stance
- Trigger control
To take this class, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have your own handgun and 50 rounds of manufacturer-approved ammunition. We do not allow re-loaded ammunition.
- Have proper hearing protection, eye protection and a baseball-style hat
We hold classes at the Senator Jeffrey E. Piccola Law Enforcement Complex.
Tuition is $150. You must pay the full tuition amount when you register.
What dates do you offer the class?
Class is offered on the following dates:
- 50423 —Sept. 22 and 24, 2014 —6 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- 50431 —Oct. 18 and 19, 2014 —1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- 50437—Nov. 10 and 12, 2014 — 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.
How do I find more information?
- Call (717) 780-2510 or 800-222-4222, ext. 2510.
- Download Fall 2014 Lethal Weapons Training Brochure (pdf).
- Download Fall 2014 Law Enforcement Calendar (pdf).
- Download Act 235 Training Program information (pdf).
How can I learn more about the Law Enforcement Training Unit?
- Download Payroll Request for Law Enforcement Instructors Effective June 2, 2013 (pdf).
- Download Instructions for HACCWeb Timesheet Submission for Adjunct Instructors (pdf).
- Download Instructor Payroll Breakdown 2014 (pdf).
- Download Shumaker Public Safety Center/Piccola Law Enforcement Complex Facility/Equipment Reservation Request Form (pdf).
- View 14th Part-Time Municipal Police Academy Graduation Photos.
- View 106th Municipal Police Academy Graduation Photos.