Technology Studies: Career Associate (4680)
Does the idea of exploring computer technology, building construction and codes, HVAC, civil engineering or electronics interest you? Our Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in technology studies degree provides the chance to tailor your interests towards your own occupational needs and goals. With our Technology Studies Program, you can get the skills and theory you need to succeed in these in-demand fields.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
As a graduate of our program, you can pursue positions in technology-dependent fields, including:
- Automated systems maintenance and manufacturing
- Building construction and codes
- Computer technology
- Electrical, civil and municipal engineering
- Field supervision
- Heating, ventilating and air conditioning
- Machine design
You are most likely to succeed if you:
- Demonstrate skills in math and science
- Can be a team member and/or be a leader
- Enjoy figuring out how machines work
- Have an interest in a number of fields
- Are detail-oriented
- Can effectively communicate
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
What is HACC’s program like?
We designed our program to be flexible so that you could choose courses in the areas that you are most interested in. Our program features innovative instructors, convenient class schedules and scholarship opportunities.
- Utilize computer programs and understand the importance of computers in today's technology
- Demonstrate specialized vocation skills in the chosen specialty area
- Write and speak effectively
- Appreciate accomplishments in the arts and sciences
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Yes! Our program is designed to lead directly to employment; however, transfer opportunities are available. Our associate degree programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so that you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Browse the following transfer options available to you:
|Millersville University of PA:||Technology Studies into Applied Engr. and Tech. Management or Tech. and Engr. Education (pdf)
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Technology Studies into Structural Design & Engineering Tech (pdf)
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
You can apply online anytime! We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. When you submit your application, please include program code 4680. This ensures you apply to the correct program.
How can I learn more?