In addition to door prizes for participants, the health fair will offer 15 different assessment and educational participants:
- Diabetes screening by HACC nursing students and the American Diabetes Association
- Effects of simple task impairment using impairment goggles by the Council on Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Blood pressure screening by HACC nursing students
- AIDS awareness by Lancaster Hope House
- First aid awareness by HACC paramedic students
- Smoking cessation and tobacco use by the American Lung Association
- Lung capacity testing
- Written stress risk assessment
- Body fat bio-electrical impedance test and nutrition counseling
- Depression Screening: Lancaster County Mental Health Association
- Cancer detection and protection information by the American Cancer Society and Central Pennsylvania Oncology Group
HACC is hosting the health fair to benefit community residents, students, faculty and staff at its campus located at 1641 Old Philadelphia Pike. Information about the Health Fair can be obtained by calling 358-2850.
HACC is fully-accredited, and credits transfer to colleges nationally. HACC currently has eleven dual admission programs that allow students to enroll at HACC and a variety of four-year colleges and universities simultaneously.
In addition, the college - whose credits are accepted by college and universities across the nation - has more than 40 formal transfer agreements with popular area universities including Millersville, Penn State Harrisburg and Penn State York. The formal transfer agreements ease the transition from HACC to a variety of bachelor degree programs. More information on educational programs can be found on HACC's Website below.