Nurse - LPN
Learn about our Practical Nursing Certificate program (LPN) (368P) and apply for clinicals.
Apply for clinicals -
- Link to LPN Spring 2019 clinical application (on SurveyMonkey.com) - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LPN_App_Spring_19. DEADLINE is September 28. TEAS test must be taken and scores reported to HACC prior to September 28.
- You must have taken the TEAS (overall score 53 or higher) and have a GPA (program or overall) 2.5 or above to apply (see below for information about competitiveness of TEAS scores).
- Highest TEAS score as of the application date is used in point calculation. If you did not take the TEAS at HACC, be sure you have your scores sent to HACC.
- You may apply ONE time. You may apply for both RN and LPN programs.
- Be sure your high school transcripts (that list a graduation date) (or copy of GED) have been submitted to the Admissions office in Harrisburg.
Download clinical application information and deadlines - Admission Criteria and Essential Qualifications (pdf, rev 3/23/16).
Download TEAS information (pdf)
Download Lancaster Campus TEAS Test Schedule - SUMMER (with links to reserve a seat) (pdf)
Download Gettysburg Campus TEAS Prep Workshops (pdf)
Download Harrisburg Campus TEAS prep academic coaching flyer (pdf)
Download Lancaster Campus TEAS Prep Workshops (pdf)
Download York Campus TEAS Prep Workshops (pdf)
See the fliier for workshop dates. Attend a workshop to…
- Review ATI TEAS test sections
- types of questions in each section
- time allowances per section
- Review test prep strategies and resources
- Learn test day strategies
Nursing Information Sessions
Get answers to all your nursing questions and hear about
- Nursing careers
- HACC's programs
- Time commitment
- Essential Qualifications/Background Checks/Health Forms
- Application process
|Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
||Lancaster Main 222
RSVP to Patsy Lavinia - firstname.lastname@example.org - be sure to include your name, HACCID and the date and time you wish to attend.
|Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018
||Lancaster Main 222
|Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018
||Select Medical 203
||RSVP to Aziza Kasmi - email@example.com - be sure to include your name, HACCID, email, phone, and the date and time you wish to attend.
|Wednesday, Nov 7, 2018
||Select Medical 203
What does a practical nurse (LPN) do?
- Work under the direction of a physician, or registered nurse.
- Meet the basic needs of patients. These include feeding, bathing, dressing, assisting with personal hygiene and emotional care.
- Administer medications.
Learn more about a career in practical nursing (Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational)
Where do LPNs work?
LPNs can work in a variety of settings. These include:
- Long-term care facilities and rehabilitation centers
- Outpatient clinics and doctors' offices
- Home Health
- Outpatient surgical centers
How much does the program cost?
Download Estimated Expenses (pdf) for a list of expenses.
What degree will I earn? Will I be eligible for credentials?
Upon successful completion you will:
- Receive a Practical Nursing Certificate of Completion
- Be eligible to sit for the LPN licensure exam (NCLEX-LPN®) administered by the State Board of Nursing.
What are the required courses and what is the suggested schedule? How long does the program take to complete? Where are the clinical classes held?
- Download a list of required courses/suggested schedule (pdf)
- HACC holds practical nursing clinical courses at the Harrisburg and Lancaster campuses. Prerequisite courses are offered at other campuses and sites.
- The program is offered full-time during the day and the clinical component takes three semesters - Spring, Summer and Fall.
What are the program clinical admission criteria and how do I apply for clinicals?
- Admission to HACC does not guarantee admission to the clinical component of the program. Work closely with your advisor to prepare to apply to the clinical/core component.
- You are required to meet with a Health Careers advisor and complete general education courses before applying for the clinical portion.
- Download Admission Criteria and Essential Qualifications (pdf, rev 3/23/16).
- Link to LPN Spring 2019 clinical application (on SurveyMonkey.com) - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LPN_App_Spring_19. DEADLINE is September 28. You must have taken the TEAS (overall score 53 or better) and have a GPA 2.5 or above to apply. Highest TEAS score as of the application date is used in point calculation.
- Download Nursing High School Graduation Requirement (pdf, 10/3/11)
Is the program accredited?
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020
Can I advance my education in this field?
- You can pursue HACC's Health Science associates degree.
- HACC has a Transitional LPN program which offers advanced standing in the RN program to those LPNs who qualify and want to pursue an associate degree in nursing.
What is the most current program effectiveness data?
NCLEX-PN Overall First Time Pass Rate:
- Oct 1, 2016 - Sept. 30, 2017: 96.77%
- Oct. 1, 2015 – Sept. 30, 2016: 92.65%
- Oct. 1, 2014 – Sept. 30, 2015: 93.8%
NCLEX-PN First Time Pass Rate: Class of December 2016: 98%
- Program Completion Class of Dec. 2014: 81%
- Program Completion Class of Dec. 2015: 73%
- Program Completion Class of Dec. 2016: 58.2%
- Job Placement: 100%
How can I get more information?
Who can I contact for more information?
Please contact an Admissions Counselor, by phone at 800-ABC-HACC, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Practical Nursing Program, Harrisburg Campus
Select Medical Health Education Pavilion (SMHEP), Room 204
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Practical Nursing Program, Lancaster Campus
Main Building, Room 215
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602