The Harrisburg Promise program will recruit seventh grade students from Hall Manor, Hillside Village, Hoverter Homes, MW Smith Homes, William Howard Day Homes and neighborhoods in the Steelton-Highspire School District and follow them through high school and post-secondary education at HACC.
Students must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher while in the program and provide proof with report cards. In addition:
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco use will not be tolerated.
- The students (male or female) cannot be parents.
- Students of all races and socioeconomic levels will be welcome to participate as long as they meet program requirements.
- An end-of-summer picnic at HACC to set goals and expectations for the academic year
- Monthly visits to HACC’s Harrisburg Campus for a series of planned events, ranging from career exploration to financial literacy
- An annual visit to a company to see the real world first hand and increase the students’ career options
Harrisburg Promise 2018-19 Workshop Schedule
|Workshop Schedule: 4:30-5:30pm||Theme|
|Wed. 10/10/18*||SMART Goal Setting and College & Career Pathway Development|
|Wed. 11/7/18*||Business & Industry Career Exploration Fair|
|Wed. 12/5/18*||Life & Student Skills for Success|
|Wed. 1/16/19*||Diversity & Inclusivity|
|Wed. 2/20/19*||Financial Literacy|
|Wed. 3/20/19*||HACC Club Fair & Interactive Campus Tours|
|Wed. 4/17/19*||Community Service Project|
|Wed. 5/15/19*||End of the Year Celebration: Geospatial/Mapping Activity|
|*3:15-4:15pm: Tutoring/Mentoring||Study Skills, Language Arts & Math Tutoring|
If you have any questions or need additional information, please let us know. Thank you!