The Harrisburg Promise program will recruit seventh grade students from Hall Manor, Hillside Village, Hoverter Homes, MW Smith Homes, William Howard Day Homes and neighborhoods in the Steelton-Highspire School District and follow them through high school and post-secondary education at HACC.
Students must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher while in the program and provide proof with report cards. In addition:
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco use will not be tolerated.
- Students of all races and socioeconomic levels will be welcome to participate as long as they meet program requirements.
- An end-of-summer picnic at HACC to set goals and expectations for the academic year
- Monthly visits to HACC’s Harrisburg Campus for a series of planned events, ranging from career exploration to financial literacy
- An annual visit to a company to see the real world first hand and increase the students’ career options
Calendar of Events
Harrisburg Promise 2018-19 Workshop Schedule
|Workshop Schedule: 4:30-5:30pm||Theme|
|Wed. 10/10/18*||SMART Goal Setting and College & Career Pathway Development|
|Wed. 11/7/18*||Business & Industry Career Exploration Fair|
|Wed. 12/5/18*||Life & Student Skills for Success|
|Wed. 1/16/19*||Diversity & Inclusivity|
|Wed. 2/20/19*||Financial Literacy|
|Wed. 3/20/19*||HACC Club Fair & Interactive Campus Tours|
|Wed. 4/17/19*||Community Service Project|
|Wed. 5/15/19*||End of the Year Celebration: Geospatial/Mapping Activity|
|*3:15-4:15pm: Tutoring/Mentoring||Study Skills, Language Arts & Math Tutoring|
Community Picnic Celebrates Harrisburg Promise for Area Youth, September 2017
Harrisburg Promise Launch Benefits City Youth, September 2016
If you have any questions or need additional information, please let us know. Thank you!