Paying For School

Who is Eligible?

Am I Eligible?

Learn more about financial aid eligibility.

Am I eligible for financial aid?

Each type of financial aid has special requirements. There are two requirements common to all aid programs. You must be:

  • Enrolled in an eligible degree, certificate or diploma program

  • A U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen

  • Other factors include:

  • A valid Social Security Number.

  • A high school diploma or General Education Development Certificate (GED). You may also pass a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education or complete a high school education in a home school setting. You must treat this home setting as a home school or private school under state law.

  • Registration with Selective Service, if you are male. You can register at www.sss.gov.

  • Not being in default or in repayment on any education loan.

  • Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (pdf) once enrolled at HACC.

  • Not having any convictions under federal or state law for the sale or possession of drugs. This only applies if the offense occurred during a period of enrollment for which you are receiving federal student aid. Download Students Convicted of Possession or Sale of Drugs (pdf) to learn more.

  • Not showing an unusual enrollment pattern. An unusual enrollment pattern includes attending three or more institutions within the past two to three years with a lack of academic completion.