Paying For School

Emergency Assistance Funds

Emergency assistance funds

Students can apply for emergency assistance funds if you are facing extraordinary financial circumstances. Learn more about these funds.

What can I use the funds for?

You can use the funds for educational expenses. These expenses include:

  • Books
  • Course fees
  • Course-required items not available in HACC's bookstores
  • Physicals
  • Emergency auto repair expenses
  • Bus passes
  • Childcare
  • Personal home catastrophe (e.g. fire or flood that directly affects your ability to attend classes)

Emergency assistance funds do not cover all expenses. 

Am I eligible for emergency assistance funds?

You are not eligible if you are:

  • A guest student
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) suspended

To be eligible for emergency assistance funds, you must:

  • Be enrolled in the term in which you are applying

How do I apply for emergency assistance funds?

Complete and submit the online form below. HACC will send you an eligibility notification email. 

Who can I contact for more information?

Foundation scholarships coordinator

Please answer the following questions to determine your eligibility for this assistance:

  • Have you received emergency assistance funds in prior years?

  • Yes No

  • Do you have at least a 2.0 GPA?

  • Yes No

  • Will you be using funds for tuition or a prior outstanding bill owed to the College?

  • Yes No

  • Will you be using funds for a cable/satellite or telephone/cell phone bill?

  • Yes No

  • Are you applying for an amount of more than $500.00?

  • Yes No

Continue to online form...