Emergency assistance funds
Students can apply for emergency assistance funds if you are
facing extraordinary financial circumstances. Learn more about these funds.
What can I use the funds for?
You can use the funds for educational expenses. These expenses include:
- Course fees
- Course-required items not available in HACC's bookstores
- Emergency auto repair expenses
- Bus passes
- Personal home catastrophe (e.g. fire or flood that directly affects your ability to attend classes)
Emergency assistance funds do not cover all expenses.
Am I eligible for emergency assistance funds?
You are not eligible if you are:
- A guest student
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) suspended
To be eligible for emergency assistance funds, you must:
enrolled in the term in which you are applying
How do I apply for emergency assistance funds?
Complete and submit the online form below. HACC will send
you an eligibility notification email.
I contact for more information?
Foundation scholarships coordinator
Please answer the following questions to determine your eligibility for this assistance:
- Have you received emergency assistance funds in prior years?
- Do you have at least a 2.0 GPA?
- Will you be using funds for tuition or a prior outstanding bill owed to the College?
- Will you be using funds for a cable/satellite or telephone/cell phone bill?
- Are you applying for an amount of more than $500.00?
STOP: You may receive emergency assistance funding one time only. Please do not complete or submit the application.
STOP: You must have at least a 2.0 GPA to receive emergency assistance funds.
STOP: You cannot use emergency assistance funds for tuition or a prior outstanding bill owed to the College.
STOP: You cannot use emergency assistance funds for cable satellite or telephone/cell phone bills.
STOP: You cannot apply for an amount greater than $500.00.