Emergency assistance funds
Students can apply for emergency assistance funds if they are facing extraordinary financial circumstances. Learn more about these funds.
What can I use the funds for?
You can use the funds for educational expenses. These expenses do not include tuition, but they do include the expenses below:
- Course fees
- Course-required items not available in HACC's bookstores
- Emergency auto repair expenses
- Bus passes
- Personal home catastrophe (e.g. fire or flood that directly affects your ability to attend classes)
Emergency assistance funds do not cover all expenses.
Can the funds be used for HACC tuition?
No, you cannot use emergency assistance funds for tuition or a prior outstanding bill owed to the College.
Am I eligible for emergency assistance funds?
You are not eligible if you are:
- A guest student
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) suspended
To be eligible for emergency assistance funds, you must:
- Be enrolled in the term in which you are applying
How do I apply for emergency assistance funds?
Complete and submit the online form below. HACC will send you an eligibility notification email.
Who can I contact for more information?
Foundation scholarships coordinator
Please answer the following questions to determine your eligibility for this assistance:
- Have you received emergency assistance funds in prior years?
- Do you have at least a 2.0 GPA or are you at least four weeks into your first semester at HACC?
- Will you be using funds for tuition or a prior outstanding bill owed to the College?
- Will you be using funds for a cable/satellite or telephone/cell phone bill?
- Are you applying for an amount of more than $500.00?
STOP: You may receive emergency assistance funding one time only. Please do not complete or submit the application.
STOP: You must have at least a 2.0 GPA or be four weeks into your first semester at HACC so we can assess your academic progress to receive emergency assistance funds.
STOP: You cannot use emergency assistance funds for tuition or a prior outstanding bill owed to the College.
STOP: You cannot use emergency assistance funds for cable satellite or telephone/cell phone bills.
STOP: You cannot apply for an amount greater than $500.00.