Learn about December Commencement.
Where and when is the Fall 2016 Commencement Ceremony?
HACC will hold the Fall 2016 Commencement Ceremony on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2016 at 6 p.m.. at the Giant Center, Hershey, PA.
Can I participate in the Fall Commencement Ceremony?
HACC invites you to participate in the December Commencement Ceremony if you are eligible to graduate in the Fall term.
I am a student. How can I speak at commencement?
Download and view the Commencement Speaker Application Form.
When will I get commencement information?
If you applied by October 1 to graduate, HACC will mail commencement information in October.
HACC will send a final confirmation letter during the last week of November.
Will HACC include my name in the commencement program?
HACC will include your name in the program if you:
- Submit your graduation application by October 1
- Potentially qualify for graduation.
When will I get my diploma?
HACC mails degrees, certificates and diplomas approximately four weeks after final certification.
Where can I get a cap and gown?
You can buy your cap and gown at each campus bookstore. Refer to your specific campus bookstore for hours of operation.
Are there graduation photos?
Professional photography services will be available before and during the ceremony. You can get your picture taken:
- In the concourse at the Giant Center
- As you receive your Diploma cover
You are under no obligation to purchase any photos.
Is there a graduation DVD?
HACC will record the Commencement Ceremony. You can buy your copy for $15:
- Before and after the ceremony in the concourse area (Cash only)
HACC will mail DVDs approximately three to four weeks after commencement.
Call Stephanie Maben at (717) 736-4141 for questions.
Can I invite guests?
You may invite as many guests as you wish to the ceremony. Guests should report directly to the Giant Center guest seating.
Where should we park?
You and guests must park in designated parking areas.
Where should I report for the ceremony?
- Enter the main entrance at the Giant Center. Follow posted signage.
- Put on your robe, complete a name card and report to your assigned seat.
- Do not bring purses, cameras or other valuables.
I or my guest has a disability. Where should we park?
Candidates and guests with disabilities may park in designated handicap areas.
If you are participating in the ceremony and have a disability, call Nancy Bobersky at 717-736-4145 by Dec.10 before 4 p.m. HACC uses closed captioning during the ceremony to assist people with hearing impairments.
Where can I get a commencement program and other mementos?
A commencement program will be on your seat.
Flowers and commencement mementos will be for sale in the concourse area.
What is the ceremony order?
- The procession: Candidates will lead the graduation procession. Faculty, the trustees and platform guests follow them. Candidates will form a double line by campus for the procession and recession. Candidates will follow the Student Marshals during the ceremony.
- During the ceremony: Candidates should pay close attention to Dr. Ski, President of the College, for instructions during the entire ceremony. Candidates need to remain seated during the ceremony.
- The recessional: The students will lead the recessional. Faculty, Trustees and Platform guests will follow. The ceremony should last approximately two hours. HACC expects all candidates to remain and participate in the entire ceremony.
What happens after graduation?
- The Alumni Association welcomes you to join them. You can purchase an Alumni card for $25 annually. Alumni Association members are always welcome on campus. You can use designated facilities including tennis courts, pool and library. Visit the Alumni table outside of the Large Arena for more information.
- Visit Career Services for assistance with resumes, interview skills and your job search.
- Talk to a transfer counselor for questions or assistance with your next steps.