#HACCfamous Casting Call!
HACC is creating a year-long marketing campaign, and we want one of our traditional-age students to be THE face of the campaign and become #HACCfamous! Sign up for an on-camera interview by Sept. 15!
We are looking for a “Jayden.” If you can relate to Jayden and you’re excited to be at HACC, we want you! If you are chosen, you will receive $1,000 which you may use toward your spring 2020 and/or fall 2020 tuition to thank you for your commitment.
Who is Jayden?
“I want to go to college, and my friends liked HACC. I think college is a good idea, but I don’t know what I want to do.”
Male or Female
17 to 19 years old
This year-long campaign will require a time commitment from those chosen to participate. It will be fun and a great example for your portfolio! Please review all of the rules and guidelines before choosing to sign up for an interview.
- You must be a HACC student who is enrolled in classes for the fall 2019 term and plan to complete your associate degree at HACC.
- You must be willing to travel with no additional compensation for travel.
- You must be able to speak about your experience before and during HACC.
- You must understand and agree to being a public figure for HACC.
- The individual selected will need to participate in video and/or photo shoots on- and off-campus.
- HACC will conduct a background check on all finalists before choosing the individual to be THE face of HACC.
- The chosen individual will sign a contract to allow HACC to capture and include his or her photo, video testimonials and written testimonials in marketing material, including but not limited to: social media, fliers, posters, television advertising, billboard advertising, bus advertising, movie theater advertising and website advertising.
- A $1,000 tuition giveaway will be given to the student which they may use to use the money for tuition and fees for credit courses at HACC during the spring 2020 and/or fall 2020 terms.
- The chosen student will be the FACE of HACC and be noticed within the community. The student should expect to hear comments such as, “I saw you on a billboard.”
- Participation is expected from September 2019 through the completion of the student’s associate degree.
- The tuition giveaway will only have one recipient.
- HACC reserves the right to withdraw or not award the tuition giveaway if the participant is dishonest during the campaign or makes inappropriate remarks.
- HACC reserves the right to remove any participants’ posts or comments from social media that are abusive or dishonest.
- Each participant who completes the video interview (whether or not you are chosen for the campaign), gives HACC permission to use his/her photograph or video, either individually or in a group setting, and to use video or photographs in which you appear in college advertisements and in publications, including, but not limited to, newsletters, annual reports and social media.
First, please review the rules and guidelines.
Are you interested? OK! We are holding 15-minute interviews with interested HACC students. Following the interviews, we will choose one student to be THE face of the campaign.
- Complete the online form with the required information by Sept. 15, 2019.
- Choose a window of time that you are available for the interview.
- Check your email on Sept. 18, 2019, for the confirmation email noting the time you will need to arrive for the interview.
- Note the selection for times is first come, first served.
- Expect the interview to last 15 minutes.
- Be prepared to talk on camera during the 15-minute interview about your life before and during HACC.
- Arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
- Be you. We want real students and real stories. Pretend the camera isn’t there and let’s have a conversation.
- Avoid wearing clothes with logos.
The chosen student will be expected to:
- Understand and agree to the time commitment
- Be comfortable with sharing your journey before and during HACC
- Participate in video shoots and photo shoots (We will do our best to work with your schedule.)
- Sign a contract agreeing to the rules and guidelines
- Remain in communication with HACC’s integrated marketing communications (IMC) department
- Share “a day in the life” examples at HACC on social media
- Follow all rules and guidelines (listed above)
- Speak comfortably in front of a camera
- Do beginner level acting on camera (e.g. have a conversation with an instructor)
- Have good public speaking skills
Yes! Since you have signed HACC’s photo release form, we may use your video testimonial in other marketing materials, such as email blasts or HACC’s website.
We want to hear from all our HACC students. Please visit hacc.edu/stories and complete the online form to share your story.