York Campus Tutoring
Learn about the free tutoring services available to currently registered HACC students.
When are tutoring sessions?
Download the York Summer 2018 Tutoring Schedule (pdf). (Updated 7/19/2018)
Where are tutoring services located?
The Learning Center, Leader 103
The Writing Center, Cytec 130
Where can I find a nursing tutor?
Our nursing tutors are practicing nurses working in the medical field who have graduated from the HACC Nursing Program. We currently have two nursing tutors available at the York Campus:
- Kris Gross - 717-324-5893 (text messages only) or email@example.com
- Kimmie Becker - 717-578-9409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing tutors are available by appointment only. Please note: All tutoring session must be held on campus during normal business hours (Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
You are expected to be on time for your appointment. If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of your scheduled appointment, the tutor will make an effort to contact you. If you do not arrive within 30 minutes of your scheduled appointment, you will be considered a no-show and your appointment will be canceled. Our tutors reserve the right to not schedule additional appointments after three no-shows.
Can I get help preparing for the TEAS test?
Our academic coaches offer a TEAS prep workshop at various times throughout the academic year. You may view the most recent schedule here. You can also contact your advisor or look for notices posted on campus.
Where can I find more information about tutoring services?
- Visit the new libguide for more information about our center as well as hundreds of online resources.
What is Academic Coaching?
An academic coach works with students one on one to help develop academic success skills. These session include but are not limited to:
- Developing strong time management skills
- Identifying effective ways to read textbooks and take notes
- Reducing speech and text anxiety
- Approaching exams with confidence
How can I meet with an Academic Coach?
- Call 717-718-0328 extension 513528 to schedule an appointment
- Drop in during academic coaching hours listed on the tutoring schedule
Where can I find HACC's workshops?
- You can access "How-to…" workshop videos on HACC's YouTube page
Who can I contact for more information?
Cathy Rosenkrans, Campus Director, Tutoring & Testing
Kim Mong, Assistant Director, Tutoring & Testing