HACC Tutoring and Testing: Lancaster Campus Tutoring
Located in Main 232 (access through the library), the Brossman Learning Center provides free tutoring on a walk-in basis for numerous courses each week.
For specific days, times, and course availability, please see the weekly tutoring schedules below.
Download Mar. 23 - Mar. 29 Download Schedule (pdf.rev.3/22/2019 **Schedule subject to change** ).
Download Mar. 30 - April 5 Download Schedule (pdf.rev.3/22/2019 **Schedule subject to change** ).
Note: If you have any questions about tutoring for a course not listed on the schedule, please ask Lori or Tim (contact info below).
Download the Nursing and Allied Health Video Collection (pdf) for links to dozens of videos carefully compiled for students working through their prerequisite classes before entering clinicals--very useful for A & P courses.
Download Resources for Nursing Students by Nursing Students (pdf) for links to websites recommended by your classmates and those who have gone before you!
Get the most out of your tutoring session:
Students can also take advantage of these free resources:
- "How To videos from HACC Tutoring Services" are short (2-2/12 minutes) videos designed to help explain learning skills.
- For more on demand resources visit these useful sites:
- Study skills videos at Salt Lake Community College.
- AIM workshops at Shippensburg University.
- Study skills videos through the Learning Strategies Center at Cornell University.
- Study skills videos at Saddleback College.
- Self-Help materials at Potomac State College.
- Study skills course videos at Brigham Young University.
- Online tutoring services through SMARTHINKING
Learning Center Resources
- Visit the Tutoring & Testing Libguide for important information and more helpful resources
- Guides for TI 83 or 84 graphing calculators, statistics and calculus.
- For more information about tutoring services or successful study strategies, check out these:
Academic coaches aim to help students stay on their path to college success. Coaches work individually with students to help them identify their academic concerns, develop action steps, and utilize tools and resources, such as tutoring, to help them overcome barriers to their academic goals. Sessions typically focus on time management, classroom and study skills, and test preparation. Academic coaches take a personalized approach with each student, and all sessions are conducted by appointment and are confidential. To schedule an appointment, stop in the Learning Center (Main 232) or contact Lori or Tim. We're here to help!
Who works at Tutoring and Testing?