HACC Tutoring and Testing: Lancaster Campus Tutoring
Located in Main 232 (access through the library), the Brossman Learning Center provides free tutoring on a walk-in basis for numerous courses each week.
HACC's Lancaster Campus Tutoring Schedule
The Learning Center is closed beginning Nov. 27 at 4 pm until Dec. 2 at 9 am.
Download Nov 30 - Dec 6 Download Schedule (pdf.rev. 11/27/2019 **Schedule subject to change** ).
Download Dec 7 - Dec 13 Download Schedule (pdf.rev. 11/27/2019 **Schedule subject to change** ).
Note: If you have any questions about tutoring for a course not listed on the schedule, please ask Lori or Tim (contact info below).
Download the Nursing and Allied Health Video Collection (pdf) for links to dozens of videos useful for A & P courses.
Download these Resources for Nursing Students (pdf) suggested by nursing students; helpful web resources recommended by the nursing students who have gone before you!
Get the most out of your tutoring session:
- Bring along all necessary class items such as your textbook, notes, assignment sheet, handouts, calculator, etc.
- Come prepared to work. Complete your assignment to the best of your ability before your session and write down specific questions to ask during the tutoring session.
- Visit early. Come a few days before your assignment is due or before your test date.Tutors are good, but they cannot work miracles.
- Don’t be distracted. Visit the tutoring center when you have time to focus and be an active participate in the session. Turn off your cell phone.Children are not permitted in the tutoring or testing rooms.
Students can also take advantage of these free resources:
- "How To videos from HACC Tutoring Services" are short (2-2/12 minutes) videos designed to help explain learning skills.
- For more on demand study resources visit these useful sites:
- Study skills videos at Salt Lake Community College.
- AIM workshops at Shippensburg University.
- Study skills videos through the Learning Strategies Center at Cornell University.
- Study skills videos at Saddleback College.
- Self-Help materials at Potomac State College.
- Study skills course videos at Brigham Young University.
- Online tutoring services through SMARTHINKING
Learning Center Resources
- Visit the Tutoring & Testing Libguide for important information and more helpful resources
- Guides for TI 83 or 84 graphing calculators, statistics and calculus.
- For more information about tutoring services or successful study strategies, check out these:
Academic Coaches work individually with students to help them identify their academic concerns, develop action steps, and utilize tools and resources, such as tutoring, to help them overcome barriers to their academic goals. Sessions typically focus on time management, classroom and study skills, and test preparation. Academic coaches take a personalized approach with each student, and all sessions are conducted by appointment and are confidential. To schedule an appointment, stop in the Learning Center (Main 232) or contact Lori or Tim. We're here to help!
Who works at Tutoring and Testing?