Health Insurance Information
Healthcare in the U.S. is very expensive. HACC requires all international students to enroll in the HACC group health insurance plan through HTH Worldwide Insurance Services. We have a contract with this company to provide the best coverage for our students at the best price. Learn about health insurance through HACC.
How do I enroll in HACC's group health insurance?
HACC will automatically enroll you in health insurance if you are:
- An international student
- Registered for classes at HACC
HACC will send your insurance ID cards by email and mail. Make sure your HAWKMail account is active. This will ensure you do not miss any important information.
I am an international HACC student but I am not registered for classes. How do I get health insurance?
If you are not registered for classes, you must enroll as an individual.
- Contact HTH Worldwide Insurance Services directly.
How much does health insurance cost?
- The Fall 2014 semester insurance fee is $522. Enrollment dates are August 1 through December 31.
- The Spring 2015 semester is $730.80. Enrollment dates are January 1 through July 31.
HACC will bill your student account for the total amount each semester.
Am I eligible for an exemption?
You may be eligible for an exemption from HACC's group health insurance if you:
- Receive medical insurance through your home country. This insurance must be a benefit your government gives to citizens or residents. This insurance must also cover you during your studies in the U.S. HACC requires proof of insurance coverage for this waiver.
- Are covered as an eligible dependent on another insurance policy. This includes your sponsor's policy or a family member's. HACC requires proof of insurance coverage. You must also submit a signed statement from the primary insured.
- Are a guest student.
- Have been residing in the U.S. for more than five years. The government must consider you a resident for U.S. tax purposes.
How do I apply for an exemption from HACC's health insurance?
- Download the Waiver Application Form (pdf).
- Submit the form by September 15 for the Fall semester. Submit the form by February 15 for the Spring semester.
You must submit a waiver application every semester by the due date. If you do not submit a waiver application, HACC will hold you responsible for the semester insurance fee.
What does HACC's health insurance cover?
The HACC group insurance plan is through HTH Worldwide Insurance Services. It is a sickness and injury plan.
The plan covers:
- Some of the healthcare costs if you are sick or injured.
The plan does not cover:
- Preventative care and doctor visits when you are well.
- Costs of health care due to most pre-existing conditions. This includes pregnancy.
Are my dependents covered under HACC's health insurance?
HACC only enrolls students who register for HACC classes. Coverage is available for eligible dependents at an additional cost.
- Contact HTH Worldwide Insurance Services for information on insuring dependents.
Will the health insurance cover my maternity costs?
HACC's health insurance only covers maternity costs if conception occurs while you are insured under the policy.
Maintain your prior insurance coverage if there is a possibility you are pregnant. Your prior insurance should cover your maternity care.
I received my health insurance ID card from HTH Worldwide. What do I need to do now?
- Visit www.hthstudents.com.
- Use the certificate number on the front of the card. This will allow you to sign into the site.
When you sign into the site, you can:
- Access comprehensive information and services related to this plan
- Search for a doctor
- View plan information
- Access other information
Who can I contact for more information?
HTH Worldwide Insurance Services
One Radnor Corporate Center, suite 100
Radnor, PA 19087
HACC —Center for Global Education International Student Services
One HACC Drive, Cooper Center 101A
Harrisburg, PA 17110