SGA York Campus
Learn about the SGA at York Campus.
What is the SGA?
The York Campus Student Government Association is comprised of the Executive Board and the Senate. The Executive Board consists of the President, Vice-President, Treasurer and the Secretary. There are 30 senatorial seats within the Senate. We fill positions from the Spring and Fall Senatorial Elections.
What does the SGA do?
- Helps fund new student-run clubs on campus
- Is the official link between students and the administration
- Informs the student body about administrative decisions
- Advocates for students' campus concerns
- Holds weekly open meetings. Any student can come. We will listen to their thoughts and opinions.
How can I participate?
Participate in events, serve on a committee or become a Senator. By participating in SGA, you:
- Gain leadership skills
- Get to know administration
- Build your network and resume
- Work with fellow students to make HACC better
Who are the executive board members?
The executive board members are:
- Andrea Flynn, President - email@example.com
- Paulina Rodriguez-Garrastegui, Vice President - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Griffin, Treasurer - email@example.com
- Maya Holder, Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I join the SGA?
Senator elections are held every September. Additionally, the President can nominate a student if they have demonstrated consistent involvement in both meetings and initiatives. This path to senatorship requires a confirmation from the senate.
I have more questions. Who do I contact?
Please feel free to contact Errol Wizda, Director of Student Development & Multicultural Programs, at email@example.com or reach out to members of the Executive Board.