Keystone Education Yields Success (KEYS) Program
KEYS is a collaborative program between the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare (DHS) and the Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges and helps students succeed at community college. Learn about the program.
Why should I enroll in the KEYS program?
Enrolling in the KEYS program offers many benefits. You get:
- Academic support
- Career counseling
- College and community resource information
- Financial aid guidance
- Incentives for accomplishments
- Personal encouragement
- Peer support
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for the KEYS program if you:
- Eligibility is determined by the County Assistance Offices.
- Are not yet enrolled.
- Are already enrolled.
- Receive cash benefits (TANF recipients) and want additional training and education. This education can help you obtain self-supporting employment.
- Receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
- Want additional training and education in order to obtain employment.
How does KEYS impact families?
Students with families see additional benefits through KEYS as they build relationships with other students and program facilitators, gain access to new resources, re-connect with family members and break cycles of poverty.