Stay Up to Date on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last updated: Sept. 15, 2021
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19), at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, the health and safety of our students, employees and visitors are a top priority.
- For the latest information on the spread of the new coronavirus, please refer to reliable sources, such as:
- For information about the new coronavirus and your learning and work at HACC, please see our frequently asked questions. (pdf)
- To prevent infections from the coronavirus, please follow WHO recommendations.
- To receive free alerts regarding possible closings or delays, please sign up for e2Campus, HACC’s collegewide alert system.
If you have questions about what HACC is doing to help keep our students, employees and visitors healthy and you do not see the answer on this webpage, please submit the online form below.
From March 23, 2020, to date, HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, has been notified of the numbers of students and/or employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus) at the following campuses:
|Total Number of Reported Cases
(Jan. 1, 2021, to date)
Total Number of Reported Cases
All individuals who had direct contact with any of these people (on a HACC campus) have been contacted. HACC also alerted the Pennsylvania Department of Health as per guidance.
Students and employees who test positive for COVID-19 should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our focus is to safely support our students, employees and communities through this unprecedented time.
- Reiterated the importance of preventative measures and physical distancing to students, employees and others
- Closed its five campuses
- Transitioned from on-campus instruction to remote instruction
- Transitioned from on-campus services to remote services
- Provided technology for students and employees
- Communicated daily with students and employees through April 3, 2020, and twice a week starting April 6
- Contributed personal protective equipment (PPE) and supplies to area medical facilities
Our students face numerous challenges regularly. The coronavirus has required many students to adapt to remote learning while facing more distractions than ever. Please watch as these students discuss their experience adapting to a new reality.
HACC is proud to announce that we are doing our part to help our students and community through these challenging times.
Please read about our HACC Heroes who have selflessly helped our students, employees and community throughout the pandemic.
The pandemic has resulted in unexpected and catastrophic changes to our lives. Members of our community are losing jobs, homes and businesses. Others are considering career changes when this is all over.
HACC can help!
- HACC offers a variety of programs to help individuals return to the workforce.
- The HACC Foundation offers students an opportunity to apply for FREE money to help pay for books, tuition and/or fees. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships to learn more.
- Current students who have extraordinary financial circumstances can apply for monies from the HACC Foundation emergency assistance funds.
- HACC placed information about external resources prominently on its website homepage. Students who need assistance with food, housing and other necessities can easily access these resources.
The HACC Foundation has implemented both short-term and long-term solutions to help our students and community in need.
Our funds for excellence help us implement transformative and impactful initiatives that have a direct impact on our students and community:
- Fund for Excellence for CARE – We want to help students minimize their hardships – such as food insecurity, housing insecurity and financial crises – so that they can focus on their studies and become productive members of our community.
- Fund for Excellence for Health Care – We want to ensure that Central Pennsylvania has no shortage of qualified healthcare professionals.
- Fund for Excellence for Workforce Development – We can help individuals return to the workforce quickly.
HACC has decided to refrain from aggressively raising funds during the global pandemic. However, in response to those supporters who have asked how they can assist our students, please visit hacc.edu/GiveNow to make your tax-deductible contribution today. Please also consider gifting all or part of your stimulus check to support HACC students in need.