Message from the President on the Coronavirus
As you know, fall 2021 classes will be taught in a variety of ways, including in-person instruction, remote instruction and virtual learning. Due to the increased vaccination rates in the Central Pennsylvania area and the record of low COVID-19 cases on our HACC campuses, we are excited to increase the amount of on-campus instruction for fall.
Another exciting update is that we are opening our HACC campus grounds to the public June 1, 2021. This is earlier than our original date of December 2021.
What does it mean to have the campuses open to the public?
- The public can park on campus.
- The public can walk the campus grounds.
- We will allow outside events (but not inside events) to be held on our campuses. An example of this is the Dauphin County and UPMC COVID-19 vaccination clinic on HACC’s Harrisburg Campus.
- We will allow tenants to come back on campus.
Please note that:
- Our buildings will not be accessible to the public.
- Employees who have been working remotely must continue to do so and may not come back onto campus this summer unless authorized by filling out the Employee On-Campus Authorization form..
- This information is tentative and subject to change.
We know that this is an exciting update for some of you. Others still may be unsure about returning to campus at this time. Please know that your safety will continue to be our top priority!
Although we cannot control COVID-19 and how it spreads, we will continue to do our part to help maintain student, employee and building safety by following protocols, as per governor’s orders and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations.
John J. “Ski” Sygielski, MBA, Ed.D.
President and CEO
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College