Updated: Oct. 13, 2021
Coronavirus Information for Students
Please visit hacc.edu/ClassOptions to search for classes and:
- Review HACC’s course instruction offerings
- Note how each course instruction offering will appear on the class schedule
- Watch videos describing each course instruction offering
The list of required and optional course materials for fall 2021 is available on the bookstore website. Spring 2022 course material is not yet available.
Please note the following:
- There will be a $4.95 shipping fee for each order shipped via UPS.
- Customers placing a web order will have the option to pick up their order at any campus bookstore during open store hours.
- There is no longer a bookstore located on the Lebanon Campus. However, customers can pick up their orders at the Learning Commons Desk located on the third floor of the Lebanon Campus.
- Bookstores are open Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- All orders for textbooks and other course materials should be placed online through the fall 2021 semester. Not all textbooks and other course materials will be available to purchase at all campus bookstore locations.
- School and office supplies and HACC-imprinted merchandise (such as clothing and gift items) will be available to purchase at all campus bookstore locations.
- Apple® products will be available to purchase in the Harrisburg Campus bookstore or online.
- Textbooks and other required course materials need to be pre-ordered even if you choose in-store pickup.
Please visit the Learning Commons Testing Home webpage for information on:
- Academic Make-up Exams
- College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP)
- Placement for English, Math or English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Remote Proctoring
- Test of Academic Skills (TEAS)
Please contact the financial aid office to discuss what options are available.
Financial aid services will be delivered in a remote-only format. This change is temporary. We hope to return to on-campus service in early November. If you are seeking financial aid support, please use one or more of the following options:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800-422-2222
- Hawkstop Zoom session: https://hacc.zoom.us/j/4531370780#success (Available Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and Fridays, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Remote appointment request: Please use this link to schedule an individual financial aid Zoom appointment and get help with FAFSA completion.
In addition to financial aid, please note:
- The HACC Foundation is pleased to offer many scholarships to our students. Please visit our webpage for application deadlines and continue to check your HAWKMail account for YOUR opportunity to apply for free money.
- Updates regarding the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) can be found at hacc.edu/CARESact.
The Consultation, Advocacy, Referrals and Empowerment (CARE) Center is a single stop to address non-academic student needs, including child care, food and housing, mental health, transportation and more.
Dedicated staff in the CARE Center connect students to resources and services available at the College or within the community.
This service is free to all HACC students. More information about the CARE Center is available at hacc.edu/CAREcenter.
The HACC Foundation has provided much-needed support to our students. Please watch this brief video to learn more about how students have benefited from the HACC Foundation.
Students may be eligible to borrow computers, calculators, internet access hotspots and other equipment for the spring, summer and/or fall semester at no cost. Generally, students should be enrolled in six credit hours. However, students with certain critical needs are still encouraged to complete the TechLoan eligibility form. Students will receive a response to the form submission by the following business day.
Please visit the student tab in myHACC for Brightspace and Zoom resources for students. Students will have access to Brightspace and Zoom through myHACC. The instructor will email students the appropriate Zoom link for that class, and class will be held via Zoom instead of on campus for all remote classes. In addition, your Zoom login information may be posted in the Brightspace (D2L) information for your class.
- Advising: Remote drop-in advising sessions are available.
- Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB): As of May 12, 2021, eligible individuals can begin applying and enrolling in the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program. This temporary program provides the following benefits to eligible households:
- Up to $50 per month discount for broadband service
- Up to $75 per month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer or tablet purchased through a participating provider
- Learning Commons: The online Learning Commons website can be accessed at hacc.edu/LearningCommons and provides information about free Microsoft software for students and access to library, testing, tutoring and user support resources. Students can also use the chat features located on the Library webpage.
- Printing: Students may have documents printed by the HACC bookstore and mailed to them. This includes articles from our library databases. Simply complete an online form for print jobs that are less than 100 pages or 100 pages or more. The HACC bookstore prints and mails/ships all print requests daily. However, UPS and the U.S. Postal Service are advising of longer delivery times.
- Technical Support: If students need technical support with a device or software, the Learning Commons offers chat services for user and technical support. The chat assists with quick troubleshooting and provides technical advice for students who may be experiencing difficulties with their devices, e-mail, Google Drive, Office365, Zoom, D2L/Brightspace and other items that User Support would ordinarily help with. Chat is staffed by a real, live person Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.- 6 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
- Tutoring: HACC offers an array of free tutoring services to all enrolled students, including instant drop-in appointments for tutoring through a software called TutorTrac. TutorTrac also allows students to schedule appointments up to 30 days in advance, which can be a great way to build in planning time for big papers, exams or projects. HACC tutors are available Monday through Saturday to support you. To learn more, please visit the tutoring schedules webpage.
International students, you are valued members of our teaching and learning community for the cultural and intellectual contributions you make to the educational processes at HACC. We celebrate the diversity you bring to our classrooms and beyond.
If you have questions about registration or any other part of your student experience please contact the International Student Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men’s and women's basketball will begin in the spring 2022 season. Although spectators will not be permitted to attend in person, all games will be streamed for fans to view online.
Protecting your health and safety continues to be our top priority.
We will also continue to promote activities that students can access remotely to remain connected and engaged such as ESports during the spring 2022 semester.
Please visit the HACC ID, HACC UserID and Parking Pass FAQs webpage for the latest information.
If a student needs verification of their enrollment at HACC, these options are available:
- An unofficial transcript
- A copy of their college schedule
- An enrollment verification letter
Students can obtain their unofficial transcripts, a copy of their schedule and the enrollment verification letter through the myHACC portal. For additional support with enrollment verification, students can contact the College Welcome Centers via email at OneStopWC@hacc.edu or call 800-ABC-HACC.
Yes. The following Zoom sessions have been scheduled for students:
|Dates and Times|
|Oct. 26, 2021, from 3-3:30 p.m.|
|Nov. 17, 2021, from 3-3:30 p.m.|
|Dec. 15, 2021, from 3-3:30 p.m.|
Students should check their HAWKMail account for login information and note the following protocols for these Zoom sessions:
- Please log in at least five minutes before the session begins. The Zoom meeting will be closed to new participants at 3:05 p.m.
- Please use the chat feature to ask questions, and HACC employees and Dr. Ski will respond.
The College intends to have an in-person fall Commencement ceremony at the Giant Center on Dec. 14. This information is tentative and subject to change.
To learn more, please visit the Commencement webpage and note that the deadline to apply for fall graduation was Oct. 1, 2021.
We were proud to virtually celebrate our spring and summer 2021 graduating students on May 13. You can view the ceremony at any time on HACC’s YouTube channel. To learn about the event speakers, please visit our Commencement webpage.
To have additional questions answered, please contact Commencement@hacc.edu.
HACC partners with Mazzitti & Sullivan to provide counseling services to students. They are available 24/7 to offer support over the phone, online or in person. Currently enrolled credit students are provided with up to three free counseling sessions per semester. Those services continue for students, even during this COVID-19 pandemic.
A searchable index of all commonly asked questions (pdf) included in emails to students is now available. To search the document, please click “Find” in your web browser and type in your search words.
Please see the matrix below for email updates sent to students:
Greetings, HACC students!
If you have not been receiving Dr. Ski’s regular email updates, please do the following:
- Check your spam filter and junk mail folders in your inbox.
- Email the following statement to HACCaction@hacc.edu and fill in the blanks with your information:
Greetings, Vertical Response Support!
Please resubscribe me to all email lists to receive emails from HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College (Dr._Ski_president_of_HACC@mail.vresp.com and HACC_Central_Pennsylvania_s_Comm@mail.vresp.com).
My name is: _______________
My email address is: ____________
We will continue to post these emails at hacc.edu/Coronavirus.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.