The Shumaker Public Safety Center is a Pennsylvania Department of Health Accredited Certification Training Institute. Learn about instructor classes available at HACC.
What classes are available?
Pennsylvania Department of Health EMS Instructor Certification Course - $450.
Required textbooks and course materials:
- Foundations of Education: an EMS Approach. 3ed. National Association of EMS Educators (Author). Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Print ISBN: 9781284145168, 1284145166 or
- eText ISBN: 9781284200904, 1284200906
- Students are required to have a computer with an internet connection and the ability to log into the HACC D2L learning platform. In addition, they must have microphone and camera/video capabilities to participate in class, as well as to produce recordings of their teaching assignments.
* Successful completion of this course qualifies you to begin the required monitoring time for Pennsylvania Department of Health EMS instructor certification. HACC is unable to provide monitored teaching opportunities for nonHACC employees* Affiliation with an education institute is recommended.
When is class?
Spring 2021 Class - Feb. 3 - April 21, 2021 - Class is Full
Wednesdays, 6 - 8 p.m.
Feb. 3, 10, 17, 24, March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, April 7, 14 & 21, 2021
Online / D2L
6 - 8 p.m.
American Heart Association Instructor - $350.
To be eligible for registration, please submit your application with your current provider card firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
HACC, EMS Education Unit, N101,
One HACC Dr,
Harrisburg, PA 17110.