Do you like to travel, enjoy meeting and serving people and want a career in which each day is different? do you enjoy planning events and helping people for comfortable in surroundings far away from home? If so, then our Hospitality Management program can get you started for an exciting, entry-level career.
Our Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
After graduation, you are able to pursue management positions in the following areas:
• dining room
• banquet and food events
• front office operations
• rooms division
• convention services managers
• meeting planners
• sales and marketing
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
• Average hourly wages
• Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
• Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
• Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
• Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
As a field of study, hospitality management is interdisciplinary. As such, our curriculum draws upon a wide range of broad business areas and specialized hospitality courses to provide you with the fundamental knowledge and skills required to fulfill the diverse demands faced by individuals working management positions within this field.
Our associate degree is designed to prepare you with the knowledge, commitment, and skills needed for management, marketing, and operational positions in this growing hospitality industry that provides food and beverage, accommodations.
Our program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Since 1992, ACBSP is the only nationally recognized organization that grants regional accreditation to two- and four-year colleges and universities. The complete program is available at the Harrisburg campus.
After you complete our program you are prepared to;
• Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with customers and supervise employees
• Explain the professionalism needed to successfully serve the public in the hospitality industry
• Articulate strategies to resolve conflict and provide excellent customer service
• Utilize technology tools to assist in a variety of hospitality settings
• Express awareness of different cultures and how they affect customer and employee expectations
• Research and differentiate between the wide range of opportunities in the hospitality field
• Use quantitative tools to evaluate and improve hospitality performance
• Articulate the impact of event planning on restaurant, hotel and tourism activities
• Demonstrate skills needed to serve customers and manage employees in hospitality
• Explain the legal and ethical expectations of business in hospitality
• Apply management tools to hospitality challenges
Our asociate degree is designed to lead you directly to workforce. However, transfer opportunities are available to individuals who wish to have their credits transfer to a four-year institution and pursue a Bachelor's degree. We designed our programs to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit.
Our various transfer options include:
For your convenience, you can complete the entire program at our Harrisburg Campus.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are approximately 200 scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
You can complete spring, summer and fall classes at HACC. Submit your application anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, make sure to include the specific program code #1606. By using this code, you will ensure you are applying for the correct program.