Hospitality Management - Associate in Applied Science (AAS) (1606)
Do you like to travel, enjoy meeting and serving people and want a career in which each day is different? do you enjoy planning events and helping people for comfortable in surroundings far away from home? If so, then our Hospitality Management program can get you started for an exciting, entry-level career.
Our Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
After graduation, you are able to pursue entry-level managerial and/or supervisory positions in the following hospitality areas:
• food and beverage
• revenue management
• meeting planning
• front desk
• rooms management
• meeting planners
• hospitality sales
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
• Average hourly wages
• Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
• Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
• Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
• Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
As a field of study, hospitality management is interdisciplinary. As such, our curriculum draws upon a wide range of broad business areas and specialized hospitality courses to provide you with the fundamental knowledge and skills required to fulfill the diverse demands faced by individuals working management positions within this field.
Our associate degree is designed to prepare you with the knowledge, commitment, and skills needed for management, marketing, and operational positions in this growing hospitality industry that provides food and beverage, accommodations.
Our program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Since 1992, ACBSP is the only nationally recognized organization that grants regional accreditation to two- and four-year colleges and universities. The complete program is available at the Harrisburg campus.
After you complete our program you are prepared to;
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with customers and supervise employees
- Discuss the concept of professionalism and conflict resolution strategies needed to successfully serve the hospitality public.
- Express awareness of different cultures and how they affect customer perceptions and employee expectations
- Use quantitative and technological tools to evaluate and improve performance.
- Research and differentiate between the wide range of career opportunities in the hospitality field
- Articulate the impact of event planning on restaurant, hotel and tourism activities
- Explain the legal and ethical expectations of business in hospitality
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- Review our new academic maps (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
If pursuing a bachelor’s degree is your goal, we can help you transfer your credits to a four-year school.
Affordably YOURS, our programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are approximately 200 scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
You can complete spring, summer and fall classes at HACC. Submit your application anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, make sure to include the specific program code #1606. By using this code, you will ensure you are applying for the correct program.